Sr. Process Engineer (A Taylor Company) (R7051)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Travel Tags is seeking a Sr. Process Engineer to be responsible for designing and implementing manufacturing processes, equipment, and plants to achieve the production goals of the organization. Identifies and develops process and equipment needed to produce specific products, parts, and components. This position makes suggestions on process improvement to increase efficiency, volume, and reliability.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine and maintain quality of manufacturing processes.
- Identifies and develops process and equipment needed to produce specific products, parts, and components.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, activities, and procedures to maximize product reliability, product volume, and manufacturing efficiency.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of equipment
- Perform engineering process qualification or evaluation which includes generating and executing test plans, data collection and analysis, reporting and communication status and results to stakeholders
- May lead and direct the work of small teams on technical projects.
- Work directly with customers on problem solving, root cause analysis and DOE testing
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or 10+ years of PCI industry experience
- 5+ years in manufacturing environment
- Experience working and solving problems in an applied and “hands-on” manner
- Experience leading efforts to achieve continuous improvement, cost reduction, and efficiency goals
- Sponsorship not provided
We Would Also Prefer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering
- 3D CAD, Autodesk Inventor, and JMP statistical software experience
- Robotics, automation, printing, and packaging experience
- Green belt Six Sigma certification
Other Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong attention to detail, process oriented, and organized
- Ability to communicate effectively to large groups of employees
- Possess high level of integrity and objectivity by using data in making decisions
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills who has proven to handle multiple activities
- Interact constructively and effectively with all plant employees
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal
- Reacts to change productively and handles other tasks as assigned
- Ability to understand and utilize applied statistics in decision making
- Excellent technical writing skills to be able to produce high-quality reports on experimentation, evaluation, and other engineering projects
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, internet research)
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations, in accordance with CDC and state guidelines.
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Travel Tags is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.