Commercial Print Estimator (R9065)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a Taylor Corporation company in Lake Mary, is seeking a Commercial Print Estimator to prepare and / or coordinate the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required. This position is also responsible for the quick and efficient processing of quotes for multiple product lines and maintaining a balance between company profitability and the ability to secure the order. We offer benefits that start on your first day of employment as well as great opportunities for advancement.
Shift Available: Monday – Friday
- Based on specifications, use Monarch to determine the most economical and effective methods and materials to produce the specifications provided.
- Determine the production and technology capabilities needed to produce the job as specified, developing a plan to accommodate all facets of the job.
- Receive and respond to quote request from Sales and Customer Service for Commercial jobs and other job categories such as Digital Print, Direct Mail, Packaging and Signs and Graphics.
- Consider raw materials, labor, equipment, tools, and transportation for estimations.
- Understand the “cost” pricing structure; factors such as material cost, spoilage and make ready.
- Estimate job cost and apply appropriate mark-up based on product category.
- Work with suppliers to gain knowledge of their production capabilities, learn about new products, and continue to broaden our vendor base.
- Prepare pricing spreadsheet per requirements.
- Determine necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints.
- Research company sources and vendors to determine the most cost efficient way to produce orders; the plant or outside vendors.
You Must Have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- At least 1 year of related experience and/or training
- Basic understanding of the print process along with basic paper knowledge; paper grades
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software and Excel to create spreadsheets with simple formulas
- Ability to use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Advanced negation skills and knowledge of press capabilities and printing procedures
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals to compute rate, ratios, and percentages; Strong mathematical skills
- Willing to look at new and innovative ways to improve methods and processes
- Attention to details with minimal errors
- Strong work ethics, dependable, accountable, and displays a sense of urgency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We Would Prefer:
- 2 or 4 year college degree
- Knowledge of and the ability to use computerized estimating systems; preferably Monarch (Hagen)
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Curtis 1000, a business communications company, is as dedicated to our employees as they are to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process/print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets. Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.