1st Shift Entry-Level Machine Operator (R5932)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000 is looking for a new Equipment Operator to help run our bindery equipment! You will be responsible for performing all finishing tasks involved in the production of Curtis 1000 products. This includes folding, stitching, punching, coiling, cutting, gluing and packing. In the end, you will be helping make books for our customers all over the world!
- Read job ticket to cut to size, fold, stitch, punch, coil, cuts, glue, or otherwise finish the product according to job ticket instructions.
- Complete tasks as directed by production schedules to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Pack finished products into correct packages and boxes.
- Examine finished products for quality assurance and report defective materials or questionable quality issues to the department Supervisor or Lead.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required to reduce problems, maintain quality, and minimize costly repairs and downtime.
- Monday through Friday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
You Must Have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and follow directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
We Would Also Prefer:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) or work-related experience.
- Use basic hand held tools.
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to the following operations necessary to finish products: Punching and stitching machines, coiling machines, cutters, and other bindery equipment.
About Curtis 1000
A business communications company operating continuously since 1882, Curtis 1000 has evolved to be unique in our industry in terms of experience, innovation and capabilities.
We are dedicated to helping our clients express their uniqueness while improving their operational efficiency. Our direct marketing and communications process / print management solutions are individually tailored for each client to maximize results internally and in their markets.
Even as a 130-year-old company Curtis 1000 feels brand new. Since we’ve always been about bringing value to our clients, we have armed ourselves with innovative, ad-agency-quality ideas, invested in state-of-the-art technologies, and developed our capabilities to ensure implementation through just one supplier: Curtis 1000.
Curtis is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.