Bilingual Team Lead, Shipping & Receiving (R7202)
Come Work with Us!
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Warehouse and Distribution is seeking a Team Lead in Jeffersonville IN to manage and coordinate projects in our Kitting Department. The position is responsible for direction of associates, systems control of product, and accuracy of input.
- Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
- Performs at the Lead level and leads other individuals at senior level. Performs the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise and similar items.
- May conduct or assist with physical inventory counts.
- Maintains work area and follows procedures to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations of a group of employees
- Performs duties such as some or all of the following: - load and unload trucks, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling device
- Coordinates and/or transports equipment, supplies, products and materials to and from one location, department or workstation to another, using hand trucks, tote boxes and other materials handling equipment. - who count, weigh and identify items and ensure they are appropriately stored, marked or tagged for identification purposes and fill orders or requisitions for materials and keep records of items issued and received.
- Ensures that materials are checked against vendors' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Maintains records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped.
- Pick, wrap and pack products in boxes, cartons and other containers prior to final packing for shipment.
- Ensures that materials are checked against customers' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers
- Operates standard or specially designed machines to place or arrange products in cartons, bottles, boxes and other types of containers and the operation of labeling, weighing and sealing machines
You Must Have:
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years prior warehouse experience required
- Bilingual is required (Spanish and English)
- Ability to use computer equipment
- Ability to work overtime as required by workload
- Willingness to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong Leadership skills
- Ability to safely operate a forklift and use a computer operating system to track inventory
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written)
- Requires a strong attention to detail.
- Leads and directs a group of five or more individuals.
- Has advanced training to operate the specialized equipment.
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals are required to follow instructions
- Ability and willingness to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to follow safety procedures
- Ability to sit, walk, stoop/bend, kneel, squat, reach, drive (delivery of roll stock)
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Our Company
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
For more than a century, we in Jeffersonville have been providing outstanding service and developing innovative products that leverage the technology of our time. By providing market-specific insights and a compelling portfolio of solutions to the healthcare, financial services, commercial and industrial markets, we have become the recognized leader in the management and execution of mission-critical communications.
Taylor Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.