Facilities Planner (R2984)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Taylor Corporation is seeking a Facilities Planner to oversee daily aspects of construction projects. This position will be responsible for project cost management, schedule development, safety compliance, and general construction administration.
- Responsible to coordinate projects and contractors a well as daily operational issues with production and associated staff.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of a quality preventive maintenance program to maximize equipment life and operational efficiencies according to industry or manufacturer standards.
- Ensure OSHA compliance and enforces all company safety policies and monitors work habits of subordinates to minimize the frequency/severity of accidents. Supports safety initiatives and safe working conditions.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Coordinate with Facility Field Service Rep Lead for project estimates involving production equipment, warehouse racking or furniture moves.
- Selects and coordinates work of contractors working on various phases of the project.
- Coordinate and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction, maintenance, and repair project contracts.
- Tracks and controls project schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Work with Business Units for layouts of office, production, and warehouse for most efficient use of space and workflow.
- Reports to Business Units about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
- Create and provide Business Units with budgetary numbers for projected facility related capital expenditures.
- Oversee assigned projects or tasks from start to finish.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Periodic inspection of project sites.
- Comply with the local implementation of safety standard operating procedures, ensuring that staff follow them, and comply with all locally applicable regulation and standards
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
You Must Have:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate effectively with company employees, department representatives and customers in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- Ability to suggest ideas and give direction.
- Ability to plan, organize and solve problems.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and diagrams.
- Ability to travel 25% on a regular basis, including nights and weekends.
- Effective time management (multitasking) and logical decision-making ability.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Ability to use AutoCad to create blueprints for office layouts, furniture layouts, production areas, and warehouse racking.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.