Production Machinist (R4540)
Want a job? Look elsewhere.
Want a career? Look here.
Taylor Corporation is a growing, dynamic company with big plans for the future ― and our people. Family owned and proud of it, we power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re in this for the long haul.
Ready to build a career? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Curtis 1000, a branch of Taylor Corporation, is looking for new talent to join our growing organization! We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, who works well on a team, and who is dedicated to providing good quality products for our customers. Curtis 1000 offers you a clean, well-lit, and safe environment for you to reach your full potential!
- Read job ticket to ensure that all required work is performed on each job.
- Cut to size, fold, stitch, punch, coil, cuts, glue, or otherwise finish the product according to job ticket instructions.
- Complete tasks as directed by production schedules to ensure timely delivery of products to customers.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Pack finished products into correct packages and boxes.
- Examine finished products for quality assurance and report defective materials or questionable quality issues to the department Supervisor or Lead.
- Place finished goods on the designated location.
- Perform prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required to reduce problems, maintain quality, and minimize costly repairs and downtime.
- Monday to Friday 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM
You Must Have:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos and follow directions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Use basic hand held tools such; rubber straps, plastic bags, plastic packaging clamshells, cardboard boxes, and tape dispensers.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. on a regular basis.
We Would Also Prefer:
- The minimum education required for this position is a High School diploma or equivalent (GED) or work-related experience.
- 3+ years of experience in production or manufacturing.
About Taylor Corporation
Taylor Corporation is one of the top 3 graphic communications companies in North America. We solve complex communication challenges for more than half of the Fortune 500 and have a tight-knit team of 12,000 employees nationwide. Life at Taylor is fast-paced and ideal for those who love to grow. We’re also big on work-life balance and you’ll see that in our comprehensive benefits package. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.