Order Picker (R5167)
Taylor Communications is seeking a Warehouse Inventory Picker to work in our Jeffersonville, IN location.
- 11:00pm – 7:30am
- Monday – Friday
- Performs the physical and/or administrative duties involved in the functions pertaining to the shipping, handling, receiving, storing, counting, packaging and distributing of equipment, materials, merchandise and similar items.
- Operates material handling equipment that is standard in a shipping or warehouse environment such as pallet jacks, forklifts, etc. in an incident and accident free manner.
- May conduct or assist with physical inventory counts.
- Maintains work area and follows procedures to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- May report to Production, Purchasing, or Warehouse/Shipping Supervisor or Manager.
- Load and unload trucks, freight cars, conveyors and other types of transporting equipment, by hand or with the aid of materials handling devices
- Coordinates and/or transports equipment, supplies, products and materials to and from one location, department or work station to another, using motor vehicles, hand trucks, tote boxes and other materials handling equipment.
- Count, weigh and identify items and ensure they are appropriately stored, marked or tagged for identification purposes and fill orders or requisitions for materials and keep records of items issued and received.
- Ensures that materials are checked against vendors' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Maintains records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights and records time, date, quantity, source and destination of materials received or shipped.
- Pick, wrap and pack products in boxes, cartons and other containers prior to final packing for shipment.
- Ensures that materials are checked against customers' invoices, bills of lading, customer orders and similar papers.
- Operates standard or specially designed machines to place or arrange products in cartons, bottles, boxes and other types of containers and the operation of labeling, weighing and sealing machines.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training.
- Previous material handling equipment operator (MHEO) experience.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Achieve and maintain quality and/or production standards.
- Follow all processes, regulations, safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Comply with Company Policies.
- Attention to detail.
- Typically requires a minimum of 0-2 years of related / relevant experience to position or specialization.
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position or specialization.
- Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher levels.
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks to meet deadlines.
- Previous experience operating a Cherry Picker.
- Experience in a fast paced environment.
- One year warehouse or job-related experience.
About Our Company
We offer an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, and a competitive benefit package including health, dental & vision insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, PTO (paid time off) and Holiday Pay.