Business Analyst (R7170)
Let Us Power Your Potential
Taylor Corporation is a dynamic, diversified company with big plans for the future ― and your career. We power our employees’ potential and strive to create opportunity and security for every member of the team. If you’re ready for something bigger ― more challenge, more variety, more pathways for professional growth ― we should talk. We’re passionate about our work, we believe there is always a better way, and we’re looking for people like you.
Ready to reach your potential? It’s time to look at Taylor.
Your Opportunity: Venture Solutions, a Taylor Corporation company, is looking for a Technical Requirement Analyst to join their technology team in Ft. Worth, TX! In this role, you will be facilitating discussions with our clients and internal cross-functional teams to help analyze and extract technical information from mail ready output generated by various composition tools and create detailed business and technical documentation to support integration with complex data systems. Your analysis will determine whether we build new solutions or modify existing customer solutions and products. It’s critical (and exciting) to our future! You would help us document requirements, communicate work-flows, log issues, build training documentations/videos, and offer clarification to technical and business users regarding technical documents and workflows.
- Perform data analysis, test case creation, frontend letter composition and documenting specifications
- Participate in project planning sessions, defining the scope of the project and defining the business requirements.
- Elicit requirements from the business partners and Clients for document reengineering using sample PDFs as the basis for discussions.
- Review existing applications and their output and create technical documents to facilitate transition to other composition engines.
- Identifying and documenting of print composition requirements including fonts, images, styles, layouts, variables, data driven business rules, dynamic content, pagination, and more.
- Analyze data input formats such as CSV, XML, fixed width, and more.
- Able to create technical artifacts for internal or client review (i.e.: Workflows, Business Requirements, Functional Specifications, Non-Functional Specifications, Use Cases, other artifacts).
- Conduct requirement review sessions (with the project team, including business partners, developers, and others)
- Clearly and concisely document requirements and functional specifications using appropriate requirement tools/techniques (such as use cases, process maps, etc.).
- Work with developers to translate requirements into something that they understand, and then translate developers' subsequent questions into something the stakeholders can understand.
- Solution assessment and validation to ensure there are no gaps from the requirement process and development stages.
- Create and discuss process flow and data flow diagrams using Visio or similar tools.
- May be called upon as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for business partners, clients and/or the technical team for post deployment product support, relating to business process and workflow.
- Serve as a liaison for project managers, development staff and the project stakeholders.
- Work with project stakeholders to identify, document and validate requirements. Help to scope the system, identify potential areas of automation and reengineer the underlying business process.
- Work with compliance and security teams to document and understand requirements (HIPAA, HiTrust, PHI, PII, PCI, etc.)
- Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization
- Participation in R&D Team Meetings and prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of or desire to learn programming logic, DocBridge Delta, Quadient Tools
- Experience in the Print & Mail industry.
- Experience with object-oriented design/development using general purpose languages.
- Experience in technical requirement gathering.
- Experience or exposure to print and mail industry.
- Creative and analytical mind that can extract information from data, programming code, and printed output
- Strong communication skills for conveying findings associated with research
- Self-starter personality that attempts to figure things out on their own
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of business analysis, project management, and client support
- The ability to respect and maintain confidential information
- The ability to build rapport with our clients and internal cross-functional teams
- Experience with effectively communicate information to internal/external vendors/clients, staff, and management verbally and in written form.
- Experience with creating various artifacts – process maps, business requirement document, gap analysis document, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle changing priorities and multiple projects at the same time
- The initiative to take responsibility for finding alternative approaches to solve or troubleshoot issues
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite (Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), workflow management tools like Jira.
We Would Also Prefer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Computer Science preferred
- Data analysis, Business analysis or extract-transform-load (ETL) experience
- Familiarity of Agile and/or Kanban as well as the Waterfall Frameworks
- Familiarity with Jira and the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Basic knowledge of marketing, advertising, and/or application development
Here is how we are going to keep you safe in the workplace:
Our focus continues to be on our employees and their wellbeing, and we have taken steps to ensure your safety in all our facilities. The following are workplace safety guidelines in each of our Taylor locations:
- Work from home in accordance with CDC and state guidelines
- Masks are provided and required in all our facilities
- Employees will maintain at least 6 feet of distance whenever possible
- We have hand sanitizer and soap & water readily available
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of high traffic areas
- Communication & Action Plans if one of our employees shows symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19
About Taylor Corporation
One of the top five graphics communications companies in North America, Taylor’s family of companies provide a diverse set of products, services and technologies addressing the toughest communication challenges. For 45 years, Taylor has been a premier provider of powerful and innovative products, services and expertise for individuals, businesses and distributors large and small. Our 12,000+ employees spanning more than 25 states and nine countries work diligently to create the interactive, printing and marketing solutions that have helped build some of the world’s more recognizable brands. Everything we do begins with identifying the unique priorities and needs of our customers and creating one-of-a-kind solutions. We offer a full range of benefits to power our employees’ potential including: health, dental, vision and life insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay, and more.
Venture Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.