Senior Talent & Traffic Specialist
TAXI is #NeverNeutral and we hope you are too. For 30+ years we’ve never stopped driving change, smashing ceilings, and doubting the conventional. This attitude has led to an unmatched track record of creating integrated brand platforms that inspire conversion. We do it by using advertising, design, experiences, and emerging technologies to forge connections between brands and the people that use them in the most original, timely, and culturally relevant way possible – wherever they are on their purchase journey.
What can you expect from us? Well, TAXI has always been more than just our name, it is a value system. It started with the idea that a small team of senior leaders, about as many as can fit into a taxi, should drive every piece of business. It continues to be fundamental to our culture, reminding us all that we are at our collective best when we deliver clear leadership, accountability, nimbleness, and a tight-knit, highly collaborative environment that allows each of us to thrive and do our best work – ensuring all feel welcomed and included
About the role – Senior Talent & Traffic Specialist
You’re always on top of everything because there’s no other way to be. And there’s a lot to stay on top of—all the time, so organization and detail-oriented delivery are your top priorities.
You’re a bold and sharp thinker, well spoken, service driven, and personable. And you’re always positive, even when things get difficult. You understand and have experience in the production process and are able to follow established procedures to ensure accurate placement of client’s commercials for respective media buys. TAXI is looking for a candidate with the following:
- Agile - A get-things-done attitude, you dig in and figure out how to work around problems and you anticipate requirements and manage expectations.
- Optimistic and focused - You place an importance on the details and have a desire for excellence.
- Open and collaborative: We are a close-knit team and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you champion encouraging team environments.
- Maintain agency commercial/asset records including all use payments
- Issue unique identifying numbers for each asset produced by agency.
- Submit scripts to the appropriate Gov’t regulatory bodies for Broadcast approvals – ASC & Telecaster, US Network approvals.
- Advise on the requirement or flag any creative issues from approval bodies to account team & Producers. Maintain a record of all approvals. Send final approvals to media team.
- Co-ordinate closed captioning for all TV commercials.
- Create and manage all Broadcast traffic for agency records.
- Processing holding/use fees, and notifications in a timely manner
- Manage union or non-union talent related business matters: talent estimating, processing and actualizing
- Manage scale and over scale negotiations and contracting and be the liaison with company legal for celebrity/influencer talent releases/contracts as needed.
- Manage and negotiates rights, permission & reinstatements as requested with union and non union talent
- Generate and help with all necessary reports: talent contracts, production/talent summary reports, talent advices, etc.
- Liaison with all talent unions regarding talent payment inquiries, interpretations of the agreement and special circumstance as needed
- Proactively manage all account transition documentation (includes union Transfer of Rights and Transfer of Assets
- Work closely with Account team & Media team & Production teams and act as their expert for talent & traffic requirements & keep acc’t teams informed of dormancy periods.
- Shipping/Coordinate creative delivery to media team.
- Provide ongoing training for business affairs/talent payment processes and procedures
- Foster relationships with all the unions and AORs
- Consult with and advise on talent jobs, union rules and best practices
- Assist producers with talent session estimates as needed and use fees based on the media buy & co-ordinate payments directly with talent payment company.
- Create and oversee talent budgets, estimates, vendor quotes and report to Finance.
- Issue purchase orders, facilitate invoice approvals. Opening, tracking, reconciling and closing jobs
- Must have 5 plus years experience in a similar role within an agency environment
- Knowledge of Talent/Traffic procedures and or Production (preferably a production background)
- Solid foundation of Talent unions, ACTRA, UDA, SAG/AFTRA and AFofM/CFM
- Experience completing union contracts
- Experience working with Talent Payment Services
- You are detail oriented and able to multitask under pressure
- You have strong organizational and project management skills
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and help where needed
- You are a team player and understand the value of team collaboration
- You are calm and patient across all circumstances
TAXI values diversity and encourages all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, colour, sex, race, age, disability, religion, national or ethnic origin, citizenship or family/marital status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.