Big Data Architect
Bachelors degree in Computer Science; Master’s degree is required.
Deep understanding of distributed systems
7+ years designing and developing big data analytics solutions at significant scale, including
- Large Scale distributed computing and Big Data systems, such as MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, Stream processing technologies, such as Spark Streaming, Storm, Kinesis.
- Massively parallel SQL engines/databases and column-oriented databases, such as Redshift, Impala, Drill, Presto, or Vertica
- NOSQL data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra
- Data modeling of relational and dimensional databases
- Performance measurement and tuning
- Programming languages inclding Python, Scala, Java
Understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networks, scaling, and in-memory vs disk
Experience with IaaS and PaaS providers such as AWS and Azure; container and orchestration technologies
Experience with automated testing frameworks