The Systems Engineer is a global role in Endpoint Engineering responsible for reliability, performance, recoverability and security of Endpoints and Server systems and back office applications and requires a proactive team player that must uphold the core values of the organization, which include integrity,
respect, personal accountability, creative initiative, teamwork and excellence.
Provides engineering-level technical support to various departments and stakeholders with regards to Endpoints and systems infrastructure and applications. Serves as a liaison with vendors and other third party providers. Operates under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will prepare, design, build and implement systems including virtual infrastructure, network storage, end-user computing, remote access and others.
- Engineering of Endpoint, server systems related solutions for various project and operational needs. Perform Windows system engineering, design and validation.
- Participate in planning and recommends Windows and related IT technology asset architectures and recommends new/emerging technology for application into the enterprise
- Create and Install new Windows base image / rebuild existing base image for Endpoints and Server and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Define, develop and document new systems deployment processes in accordance with criteria established by Systems/Desktop Architect.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Function as a core member of the standardization team. In concert with the Systems Architects, Desktop Architect and Systems Engineer, define and annually validate systems processes and deployment documentation.
- Create and develop high quality operational and technical documentations, concept of operations documentations, including Visio diagrams, high-level descriptions of the environment, as well as detailed instructions outlining the steps required to repeat the build-out and configuration of the infrastructure
- Document, upgrade and configure new system software that supports production infrastructure applications per project or operational needs.
- Acts as a liaison with vendors and third party vendors
- Capable of managing complex technical projects, and communicating status to Customers and Project managers to assist with the design and review of new Endpoint, systems, applications and hardware throughout project life cycles
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to support site build outs and projects
- Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing environments and requirements
- Participates in deep dive root cause analysis, investigation and advanced troubleshooting of problems and conduct remediation and actions to provide permanent fix or resolutions to issues
- Mentoring and providing next level escalations to Systems Support Engineers. Assist senior team members with building of server infrastructure required to support these projects
- In charge of managing and supporting our Endpoint Management Tools such as but not limited to ManageEngine Desktop Central, SCCM and etc ..
- In charge of managing Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Server.
- Work with Site IT, FRM/InfoSec Team in building and developing a new and existing base image.
- 4-5+ years relevant experience in systems administration and systems engineering
- 1 year Data Center Management experience
- Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to rapidly changing environments and requirements.
- Expert in administering, managing and configuration of Microsoft SCCM, MDT, Microsoft Servers Microsoft back office applications and Virtualization technologies (Email systems, Active Directory, VMware ESXi/VDI, DHCP, DNS)
- Strong knowledge and experience in scripting, automation and architecture of server environments (Powershell, VBscript, Batch)
- Information Technology or Computer Science or Engineering Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer/Solutions Expert
- Cloud Certification (AWS) is a plus
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) is a plus
- ITIL Foundation (is a plus)
TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world, delivering the customer support, AI operations and content security services that power the world’s most innovative companies. Listed as one of Glassdoor‘s “100 Best Places to Work”, USA Today’s “Best Company Cultures” and “Best Companies for Women” by Comparably, TaskUs is a Frontline-First company that puts its people at the heart of everything they do.
TaskUs has been recognized as one of the Inc. “500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past seven years consecutively. Founded in 2008 by Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir, the company raised over $250mm in 2018 from the world’s largest private equity firm, Blackstone.
TaskUs currently has over 20,000 employees and offices across the U.S., Philippines, India, Taiwan, and Mexico.
TaskUs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.