So what does a Payroll Accounting Analyst really do? Think of yourself as someone who will be responsible with the recording, reporting and reconciliation of payroll transactions based on GAAP. Acts and assists as a point person for all audit requests; mitigates potential control failure by conducting root-cause analysis, identifying process breakdown of internal controls.
As we work with numbers; we need someone who is keen on details and has the abilities to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
We make sure we get the best of the best, after all, we are a ridiculously good company so we make sure our employees are top notch. Now we need your full concentration because it’s time to imagine what it’s like being a Payroll Accounting Analyst.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
General Accounting and Analysis
● Perform month end closing activities such as, but not limited to, preparation of medium to high complexity journals and flux / variance analysis, based on the financial close calendar
● Ensure completeness and accuracy of underlying financial data for general ledger accounts handled and ensuring proper supporting documentation/calculations
● Prepare Balance Sheet Reconciliation for accounts with medium to high complexity and ensure that all reconciling items are cleared timely. Ensure balances in the Balance Sheet accounts reconciled are accurate with supporting schedule and with proper supporting documents
● Coordinate with other teams (AP, Benefits, HRIS, FP&A and Budget team) and/or other departments in resolving reconciling items and gather required information needed to perform month end close
● Execute processes and tasks in compliance with US GAAP, local GAAP and local statutory
● Perform accounting and other ad hoc tasks as needed
Finance Analysis & Reporting
● Prepare ADP/Workday reports on wages, taxes and hours both accrual and paid
● Prepare other required reports needed by management and other departments
● Perform financial analysis required by management and other departments
● Adhere to the internal control policies and procedures
● Execute internal controls for accounts handled based on existing company policies
Year End Audit
● Prepare needed reports, reconciliations and schedules needed in audit
● Coordinate with other teams, departments, vendors and leaders to gather information required for audit
● Provide significant support in finance-wide projects, including, but not limited to, process automations and system enhancements
● Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for any errors and/or issues encountered and propose appropriate solutions
● Work with different teams in finance in understanding end to end processes as needed for process improvement/system enhancements
● Provide analysis of trends, perform variance analysis and recommend actions for cost optimization
● Work with different group from other departments and geographies handled to better understand observed control risk and financial risks and/or opportunities
● Identify and report to management control risk and financial risk and opportunities identified from detailed financial analysis and reconciliations
● Proficiency in Excel/Macro
● Experience or General Knowledge on Payroll and General Accounting processes
● Experience on Oracle
What else? We need someone who is willing to collaborate with our US team on a night shift schedule.
We are a collective of highly capable humans, who understand how to deploy technology and data to best serve your purpose. From Digital CX to Content Security, AI Operations, Consulting, and anything in between, we consider ourselves responsible for protecting our partners’ interests and supporting their long term success through innovation and technology -powered by ridiculously smart people.
TaskUs partners with the world’s most innovative and disruptive brands to protect what matters most and to thrive in an ever-changing world.
TaskUs currently has over 23,000 employees around the world with offices across the United States, the Philippines, India, Taiwan, Mexico, Greece, and Ireland.
TaskUs is an equal opportunity employer.