International Tax Director
TaskUs is looking for a highly motivated, inquisitive, and enthusiastic leader to be the lead for direct and indirect tax. This role can be based in the San Antonio area or Remotely in the US.
The tax director will be responsible for managing all global and domestic direct and indirect tax reporting and compliance filings for the company and is a crucial part of the Finance organization. Additionally, this role will serve as a key accounting management resource within the Company and is responsible for preparation of the corporate income tax provision, preparing corporate direct and indirect tax returns, conducting tax research and preparing memos and position papers for a variety of technical tax and related accounting matters affecting the Company. This position will work across the Finance organization as well as with other key constituents such as accounting, tax, FP&A, legal, investor relations, human resources, corporate communications and other business partners. You will join a team of Accounting and Finance professionals and help establish a best-in-class tax team within a fast-paced environment.
- Managing the global tax accounting and compliance requirements.
- Responsible for overall tax accounting functions including preparation of quarterly and year-end ASC 740 calculations and related accounting work papers for US federal, state and international tax provisions and projections inclusive of data requests made to financial reporting and local accounting teams and coordinating annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing tax policy and managing internal controls over income taxes
- Managing any international, federal, state or local tax authority audits that may take place
- Managing correspondence with taxing authorities
- Responsible for managing and reviewing the preparation of accurate, and timely filing of, federal, state, local and other statutory income tax returns and other related filings for the corporation
- Establish strategies to minimize tax expense and exposures with regard to taxes paid to include federal, state, and foreign income taxes, property taxes, and sales and use taxes.
- Generating and/or compiling supporting documentation for tax returns
- Oversight of local accounting teams that will assist in preparation of local tax returns and provisions.
- Responsible for tax technology, inclusive of preparing /coordinating a digital road map for US and international taxes.
- Perform tax research on an as needed basis with respect to federal, state and local country income tax, payroll tax, and property tax.
- Work on tax planning projects.
- Maintenance of tax compliance calendar including original due dates, estimated tax payments, extension requests, annual reports and other miscellaneous filings.
- Collaborate with internal and external legal counsel, treasury and other business partners to support required external reporting filings
- Guide the preparation of income tax footnote disclosures for financial statements, and management discussion and analysis (MD&A) in support of the Company's SEC reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with international businesses and their statutory filings, liaise with key areas in finance for impacts on external reporting, and communicate financial results and updates to key stakeholders within the organization
- Highly detail oriented in the application of financial accounting and tax reporting concepts ensuring financial and regulatory compliance with various financial reporting and income tax deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP required disclosures related to income taxes; current with new technical accounting standards, including the application of Tax Accounting requirements (ASC 740).
- Technical Knowledge of tax laws is necessary and the ability to identify, research and resolve issues is critical to the success of this position.
- Keep informed and actively monitor income and related tax accounting standards and tax law development that may impact the business’ financial reporting and disclosures, and leads the business on implementing the necessary changes
- Strong command of U.S. federal tax, international tax systems and OECD positions relating to cross border service arrangements and related compliance needs.
- Experience in transfer pricing and intercompany structures
- Demonstrated ability to identify potential tax issues and exposures, establish an effective mitigation plan and influence senior management regarding risks and exposures.
- Experienced in tax technology toolsets. Open to new technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- 10+ years of recent experience in accounting and corporate and/or public accounting firm tax department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Finance OR equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with income tax responsibilities with a global public US company or supporting a global public US company
- Active CPA designation or equivalent certification
- Strong accounting background
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience preferred
- Masters in Taxation preferred.
We are a collective of highly capable humans, who understand how to deploy technology and data to best serve your purpose. From Digital CX to Content Security, AI Operations, Consulting, and anything in between, we consider ourselves responsible for protecting our partners’ interests and supporting their long-term success through innovation and technology—powered by ridiculously smart people.
TaskUs is an equal opportunity employer.