Corporate Governance and Regulatory Counsel
So, what does a TaskUs Corporate Governance and Regulatory Counsel really do? Think of yourself as the Lead Attorney for corporate governance and related matters for TaskUs helping to build a roadmap, plan, and ultimately execute. Imagine yourself going to work with one thing on your mind: Spending your day to help build the disruptive force behind TaskUs and some of the world’s most disruptive companies. Your role was designed to partner with teams across TaskUs, including Legal, Finance, Accounting to provide legal guidance and assist with administration of TaskUs’ business operations, corporate structure, and transactions.
You love providing support and guidance on corporate and regulatory matters. You will contribute to corporate governance processes, including general recordkeeping, preparation of board and committee materials and provide support for corporate development activities, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic corporate partnerships
- Creation and management of legal entities
- Working closely with leaders across the company on corporate governance
- Working on equity matters, including equity plans, capitalization table, and compensation issues
- Assist with regulatory compliance matters and filings, and annual stockholder meetings
- Primary legal responsibility for regulatory filings, M&A, and related work
- Lead counsel for subsidiary structuring, management, and compliance for all entities both domestic and international
- Help counsel the business with respect to other legal matters, including real estate, tax, and insurance
- Effectively manage outside counsel as needed
- Identifying and implementing methods for improving and streamlining existing processes
- Creating and rolling out long-term legal strategies and new processes
- J.D. required, admitted to any state bar
- 3+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department related to corporate and securities
- Significant regulatory experience, including SEC reporting and compliance
- You’re able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment
- You are an experienced and skilled corporate and securities attorney
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives
Nice to haves:
- Experience with GSuite, Zoom, Salesforce, DocuSign
- Experience at a top international law firm
- Graduate of a top law school
- Entity management and/or M&A experience
- Time in-house at a leading technology company
- In-house experience handling SEC filings
TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world, delivering the customer support, AI operations and content security services that power the world’s most innovative companies. Listed as one of Glassdoor‘s “100 Best Places to Work”, USA Today’s “Best Company Cultures” and “Best Companies for Women” by Comparably, TaskUs is a Frontline-First company that puts its people at the heart of everything they do.
TaskUs has been recognized as one of the Inc. “500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past seven years consecutively. Founded in 2008 by Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir, the company raised over $250mm in 2018 from the world’s largest private equity firm, Blackstone.
TaskUs currently has over 20,000 employees and offices across the U.S., Philippines, India, Taiwan, Mexico, Ireland and Greece.
TaskUs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To find out more visit www.TaskUs.com.