Senior Network Engineer
Want to be part of a company that is changing the game for some of the world’s most notable brands and disruptive companies? At TaskUs we look for individuals who are constantly striving for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. Our rapid growth demands high performance, and we're proud to say that we have a talented and motivated team along for the ride. If you’re looking for a new challenge or just want to be a part of something historic, join us.
Let’s change the way the world works!
The Senior Network Engineer’s role is to design and implement TaskUs’ Local (LAN) and Wide Area networks (WANs) throughout TaskUs’ global organization. The Senior Network Engineer will lead the design, installation, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also build and maintain Network design standards for hardware, software and network design. The position of Senior Network Engineer reports to the Senior Manager of Network Engineering.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with Leadership and Project Management to assess Networking Requirements for Project Activities
- Based upon requirements, research hardware and software solutions and create network designs, including topology layouts and product specificationsStandards
- Present detailed designs to technical and non-technical resources in order to obtain project approval
- Develop & Maintain design standards for the Enterprise Data Network
- Interface with Business & IT Executive in order to understand business needs and then translate these requirements into design solutions
- Research and analyze new network technologies and present suggestions for upgrades to standards and improvements to operational performance.
- Procure hardware and software required for network design solutions
- Plan out network installation, circuits, monitoring, and/or upgrade projects to include engineering design documents and implementation plans
- Implement network designs in support of project timelines
- Lead quality reviews to ensure network design and Information Security Standards adherence for all project implementations
- Provide structured hand-off to operational support teams
- Manage implementation vendors and third party service providers service delivery, driving escalations and ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements
- Adhere to established process for Security and Change Management
- Ensure budget and timeline compliance for implementation activities
- Other duties as assigned by management
The Senior Network Engineer is required to have a thorough understanding of the following technologies:
- Thorough knowledge of Networking Technologies: DNS, DHCP, VPN, Network Security, IP Routing Protocols
- Cisco Networking Technologies: Routing & Switching, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Cisco Wireless
- Meraki Wireless
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5-7 years extensive experience in the implementation & support of Cisco Networking Technologies
- Strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills required
- Current CCNP certification
- Advanced Technical knowledge on CISCO Networking Technologies
- ITIL Ver. 3.0 or Ver. 4.0 preferred
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-past working environment
- High level technology problem solving skills
- Standing and sitting for sustained periods of time, at least 25%
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world, delivering customer support, AI operations and content security services that power the world’s most innovative companies. Listed as one of Glassdoor‘s “100 Best Places to Work”, USA Today’s “Best Company Cultures” and “Best Companies for Women” by Comparably, TaskUs is a Frontline-First company that puts its people at the heart of everything they do. TaskUs has been recognized as one of the Inc. “5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past seven years consecutively. Founded in 2008 by Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir, the company raised over $250mm in 2018 from the world’s largest private equity firm, Blackstone.
TaskUs currently has over 17,000 employees and offices across the U.S., Philippines, India, Taiwan, and Mexico. To find out more visit www.TaskUs.com.