So what does a Policy Specialist really do? As a Specialist, you will act as a pillar to client policies and our frontline. You will liaise directly with the clients and your direct leader to discuss policy changes and ensure that changes are reasonable and appropriate and cascaded to our frontline. As one of the leaders, you will also make sure to appropriately partner with your leadership prior to implementing, reviewing, and monitoring - to guarantee full compliance according to the terms and agreements of our SOW with Client(s).
We need someone who is proficient in English and other key languages served by the TaskUs site. If you have excellent communication skills, are comfortable working in a BPO environment (preferably in an international environment), knowledgeable on quality/training and policy enforcement in a content moderation environment, then TaskUs is for you.
So, do you have what it takes to be a Policy Specialist?
TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world. We exist to provide ridiculously innovative customer support, AI operations, and content security to the world’s most disruptive companies.
We believe our Frontline employees come first, always. We think in terms of #FrontlineFirst because we know good ideas can come from anyone at any time.
A special place requires special people. Qualified candidates have a sense of humility, an adventurous spirit, and a relentless work ethic. We exist to make the world’s best companies better. We aim to have fun while doing it too.
What is a Policy Specialist (Supervisor):
Think of yourself as one of the leaders of your department and not just anyone is qualified for this role. We make sure we get the best of the best, after all, we are a ridiculously good company so we make sure our employees are top notch.
Being a Policy Specialist, you are expected to support the team as a process and policy expert. This includes making sure that each of your Teammates achieve their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) by providing insights on how policies should be correctly applied to their day-to-day jobs. As a Policy Specialist, you also set the example you must be organized, have strong communication, and analytical skills.
A critical part of the role is the ability to use market and policy knowledge to be able to spot gaps and trends, and make recommendations to resolve. You must be knowledgeable at Frontier’s policies and workflow-specific objectives, and identify trends that may impact how we apply these policies and objectives. You must also be able to effectively identify inefficiencies in workflows and suggest solutions.
Responsibilities to include but not be limited the following:
- Responsible for creating, executing monthly Team Leader, Client Analyst, and Learning Experience Policy Assessments for your responsible verticals to help bridge gaps and identify possible Policy Gaps
- Escalate issues and inefficiencies impacting operations productivity or quality and identify process/system/tool/policy improvement opportunities
- Support ‘Team Leader, Rater, Learning Experience’ in communicating process and policy changes effectively to operations teams.
- Become and remain knowledgeable about frontier community standards and respond to Teammate inquiries and clarification questions with high quality, speed, empathy and accuracy.
- Make well balanced decisions and personally driven to be an effective advocate for our community.
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and most importantly empathy.
- Display a strong bias to doing what’s right for the platform’s integrity to support Frontier’s mission.
- Use market specific knowledge, signals and insights to spot and scope scalable solutions to improve the support of our community of advertisers.
- Review ad content within agreed turnaround times and standards of quality
- Recognize trends and patterns, and escalate issues outside Frontier policy to the leadership team for escalation to the client along with any recommended solutions.
- Proficient level of English; comfortable in conversational English
- Previous experience in an leadership environment, preferably previous leadership support experience in an international BPO
- Good knowledge of quality/training processes and policy enforcement in any content moderation environment
- Previous content moderation experience
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative and commitment
- Excellent communication, consulting, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups to produce results
- Passion for ensuring a world class support experience for our community
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a rapidly changing environment and across multiple sites/teams