Network Operations Engineer
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Network Operations Engineer’s primary job function is to ensure the operation and performance of the Global Network environment. This is achieved through the monitoring of network management systems for trends and alerts, responding to ticket requests and incident notifications, and resolving issues within Service Level Agreements.
In addition, the position is responsible for the following operational activities:
- Provide Tier II escalation support for the Network Operations Center, providing resolution for complex networking issues
- Complete Preventative Maintenance activities, such as code updates & equipment updates
- Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management & Capacity Management
- Manage assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Security & Audit compliance
- Operational-related Moves, Adds, Changes, and Deletes (MACD)
- Adherence to Operational Standards
- Compliance with Engineering Design Standards and established operational processes
- Participate in the Development & Maintenance of operational documentation, to include updating Engineering documentation changes due to operational changes, escalation procedures & vendor contracts.
- Provide Root Cause Analysis for Network Events
- Other duties as assigned by management
The Network Support Engineer is required to have a basic understanding of the following technologies:
- Networking Technologies: DNS, DHCP, VPN, Network Security, IP Routing Protocols
- Cisco Networking Technologies: Routing & Switching, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Cisco Wireless
- Meraki Wireless
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 1-5 years extensive experience in the support of Cisco Networking Technologies
- Strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills required
- Current CCNA certification
- Practical Technical knowledge on CISCO Networking Technologies
- ITIL Ver. 3.0 or Ver. 4.0 preferred
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-past working environment
- High level technology problem solving skills
- Standing and sitting for sustained periods of time, at least 25%
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world, delivering customer support, AI operations and content security services that power the world’s most innovative companies. Listed as one of Glassdoor‘s “100 Best Places to Work”, USA Today’s “Best Company Cultures” and “Best Companies for Women” by Comparably, TaskUs is a Frontline-First company that puts its people at the heart of everything they do. TaskUs has been recognized as one of the Inc. “5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past seven years consecutively. Founded in 2008 by Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir, the company raised over $250mm in 2018 from the world’s largest private equity firm, Blackstone.
TaskUs currently has over 17,000 employees and offices across the U.S., Philippines, India, Taiwan, and Mexico. To find out more visit www.TaskUs.com.