TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world. We exist to provide ridiculously innovative customer support, AI operations, and content security to the world’s most disruptive companies
We believe our Frontline employees come first, always. At TaskUs, leaders eat last––in other words, we expect you to put your line of direct reports before yourself. We think in terms of #FrontlineFirst because we know good ideas can come from anyone at anytime. That’s probably why we’re ranked 40th on Glassdoor’s 2019 “100 Best Places to Work” list.
A special place requires special people. Qualified candidates have a sense of humility, an adventurous spirit, and a relentless work ethic. If you are looking for more than the standard 9 to 5, you’ve found it.
We exist to make the world’s best companies better. We aim to have fun while doing it.
So what does a Workforce Analyst really do? Think of yourself as the primary person in charge of ensuring staffing plans are carried out and adjusted as needed, so not just anyone is qualified for this role! We make sure we get the best of the best, after all, we are a ridiculously good company so we make sure our employees are top-notch. So come on, now we need your full concentration because it’s time to imagine what it’s like being a Workforce Analyst.
- Maintain a roster of staff with accurate details regarding availability, preferences, and skills
- Coordinate with operations, client and client services to gather all relevant data related to forecasting requirements
- Produce/finalize forecast of program requirements
- Schedule staff according to program need with a high degree of attention to meeting both forecast requirements and the needs of those being scheduled
- Publish Over/Under (SQI) files to Operations, CS and Client on a weekly basis
- Determine that all required exceptions are being scheduled in advance, and communicate effectively with other departments (especially Operations and Training) to determine such requirements
- Address staffing shortages/overages with proactive recommendations for ensuring optimal performance
- Coordinate with Capacity team to ensure that seating plan is accurate and adequate to meet program performance requirements
- Other related duties as required by the business / WFM Management
Skills and Competencies:
- High level of attention to detail (Numbers)
- Good analytical skills including root cause analysis
- Strong numerical literacy and a thorough understanding of WFM efficiency metrics
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management, both written and verbal
- Strong proactive decision making and problem-solving skills (Over/Under Action plans)
- Ability to read trends and project those trends into future forecasts
- Use WFM centralized tools & ensure the database is maintained
- A high degree of empathy for fellow workers
- The position will report to the WFM Planning Supervisor / Manager
- The position will require frequent communication with Operations Management, Team Leaders, other WFM staff
- The position will be responsible for releasing schedules and exceptions to Teammates and communicating the projected performance and any need for action to Operations, WFM and clients.
- The position will require regular communication and meetings with WFM Real-Time staff and with the WFM Capacity Team
TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world, delivering the customer support, AI operations and content security services that power the world’s most innovative companies. Listed as one of Glassdoor‘s “100 Best Places to Work”, USA Today’s “Best Company Cultures” and “Best Companies for Women” by Comparably, TaskUs is a Frontline-First company that puts its people at the heart of everything they do.
TaskUs has been recognized as one of the Inc. “500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past seven years consecutively. Founded in 2008 by Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir, the company raised over $250mm in 2018 from the world’s largest private equity firm, Blackstone.
TaskUs currently has over 15,000 employees and offices across the U.S., Philippines, India, Taiwan, and Mexico.
TaskUs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.