We are a collective of highly capable humans, who understand how to deploy technology and data to best serve your purpose. From Digital CX to Content Security, AI Operations, Consulting, and anything in between, we consider ourselves responsible for protecting our partners’ interests and supporting their long term success through innovation and technology—powered by ridiculously smart people.
TaskUs partners with the world’s most innovative and disruptive brands to protect what matters most and to thrive in an ever changing world.
TaskUs currently has over 25,000 employees around the world with offices across the United States, the Philippines, India, Taiwan, Mexico, Greece, Ireland, and Colombia.
TaskUs is an equal opportunity employer.
So, what does a TaskUs Instructional Designer really do? Think of yourself as an Architect for TaskUs clients, helping to build a roadmap, plan, and ultimately execute. Imagine yourself going to work with one thing on your mind: Spending your day to help build the disruptive force behind TaskUs and some of the world’s most disruptive companies. Your role was designed to map requirements, plan solutions, and successfully execute strategies. Your achievements are gauged not on hours worked, but on the success or failure of projects and launches.
You love partnering with people to understand their needs and requirements and come up with creative approaches to make them successful. You care deeply about the overall business and look for ways to add value. You like being part of a team that delivers excellence. You’re entrepreneurial and resourceful. You’re passionate about making the world a better place. You like being held accountable for your own results. You are also able to balance the needs of your customers against operational targets while at the same time providing world-class service and satisfaction.
- Meet with Subject Matter Experts to conduct Front End Analysis/Task Analyses and document content specific knowledge to support training development
- Develop SMART Learning Objectives
- Design and develop all training content (instructor slides, handbooks, scripts, storyboards, web-based training decks, interactivity modules, quizzes, activities, etc.)
- Create assessments per the defined assessment strategy
- Supports facilitation of answer validation sessions for fully defensible and aligned assessments as directed by the Training Program Manager
- Review training content created by other team members
- Scheduling and building out monthly calendar
- Own the course setup (both online and instructor-led), along with logistics (room booking, catering) and scheduling and enrollment
- 4-year degree ideally in training/curriculum development, human resource studies, organizational development or communications
- Two or more years training administration/coordination experience in a corporate environment
- Experience working on large-scale training initiatives across a geographically diverse workforce
- Experience using e-learning tools (i.e. Articulate, Captivate) to create training content
- Experience consulting with both individuals and teams on providing developmental support
- Strong background in communications related work, focusing on marketing, awareness and general collateral
- Ability to work and communicate with multiple levels employee, from leaders to individual contributors
- Understanding of metrics and data related to learning
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)