Employment Law and Litigation Paralegal
Want to be part of a company that is changing the game for some of the world’s most notable brands and disruptive companies? We thought so.
At TaskUs we look for individuals who are constantly striving for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. Our rapid growth demands high performance, and we're proud to say that we have a talented and motivated team along for the ride. If you’re looking for a new challenge or just want to be a part of something historic, join us. Let’s change the way the world works.
This position will support the Employment and Litigation Team. You will also have the opportunity, and will be required, to work with management and key business partners, including the TaskUs’s People Team.
This role will be primarily remote but the individual may be asked to report to our sites in San Antonio and New Braunfels on an as needed basis.
- Support the Employment and Litigation Team’s day-to-day and strategic needs to serve all internal business clients, including the People Team
- Perform research and analyze statutes, case law, authoritative guidance, evolving best practices, and other legal resources to assist counsel.
- Assist in drafting, reviewing, finalizing, and maintaining template documents and policies for employment and litigation matters that arise (e.g., employment policies and procedures, Severance Agreements, cease and desist letters, demand letters, disciplinary and investigation procedures, etc.).
- Assist with document collection and other fact gathering for legal employment matters and investigations, and responding to discovery for employment-related litigation, including analyzing discovery requests
- Support outside counsel engagement and ensure efficient usage in accordance with internal policies, including legal invoice processing, submission of employment law claims, etc.
- Prepare and maintain tracking/log reports related to specific employment and litigation matters.
- Be primarily responsible for record-keeping systems and managing deadline calendars
- Monitor legal developments and partner with the Employment and Litigation Team to provide and track relevant legal developments.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
Required Job Requirements:
- 2+ years of legal industry experience
- Independent and strategic thinking skills, and be a strong team player and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills, including the ability to define the project scope, establish a timeline and manage resources
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a team environment, take ownership of projects, and demonstrate independence needed to effectively and timely complete projects
- Extremely organized, strong ability to focus on details, maintain a high level of confidentiality, excellent time management skills, and a drive to improve processes and tools
- Adaptable to changing priorities and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high output environment
- A drive to improve processes and tool
- Experience with Google G Suite tools (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Experience supporting employment law matters
- Experience working in a large law firm or in-house legal department
- Familiarity with all aspects of litigation support, including assistance with subpoenas, locating and analyzing documents and information related to existing or threatened claims
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies/Education from an ABA approved program or a Bachelor's degree with a Paralegal Studies Certificate from an ABA approved program
- Paralegal experience of 3+ Years
- Familiarity with international employment law matters
We are a collective of highly capable humans, who understand how to deploy technology and data to best serve your purpose. From Digital CX to Content Security, AI Operations, Consulting, and anything in between, we consider ourselves responsible for protecting our partners’ interests and supporting their long term success through innovation and technology—powered by ridiculously smart people.
TaskUs partners with the world’s most innovative and disruptive brands to protect what matters most and to thrive in an ever changing world.
TaskUs currently has over 25,000 employees around the world with offices across the United States, the Philippines, India, Taiwan, Mexico, Greece, Ireland, and Colombia.
TaskUs is an equal opportunity employer.