Sr. Technical Writer
Please note that you will be asked to submit 2 writing samples if contacted by TaskUs: One communicating processes or procedural steps, and another showcasing your ability to take a complex topic and break it down into plain language.
So, what does a TaskUs Technical Writer really do? Think of yourself as an Architect for TaskUs clients, helping to plan and ultimately lay the foundation for awesome customer experiences. Imagine yourself going to work with one thing on your mind: Building great processes and internal documentation to power some of the world’s most disruptive companies. Your role was designed to map requirements, plan solutions, and successfully execute strategies.
You like being part of a team that delivers excellence. You enjoy partnering with people to understand their needs and requirements, and coming up with documentation that provides solutions in clear, simple language. You care deeply about the overall business and look for ways to add value. You’re empathetic and know how to write for a variety of audiences and technical levels. You manage yourself and your time well and like being held accountable for your results. You’re able to balance customer’s needs against operational targets, and are comfortable reprioritizing work to meet moving targets.
- Scope and create documentation both individually and by collaborating with teams
- Write clear documentation about how to perform technical and other tasks
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others
- Write and test published documents to ensure searchability and effectiveness
- Manage multiple, competing priorities in a constantly changing environment
- Plan, research, and write documentation for projects of moderate to high complexity and scope
- Manage cross-functional stakeholder relationships to fully understand processes, draft and review documentation, and approve final copy
- Identify audiences for content and anticipate the questions, problems, and needs that the content should address
- Develop innovative solutions to resolve complex tasks. Work on solutions that improve processes and practices, including maintenance processes and tools.
You will create operating guidelines, knowledge bases, customer support agent content, and “frequently asked questions” pages to help customer support staff, consumers, and other users within a company or an industry. You will collaborate with SMEs, product designers, and other internal experts, in addition to conducting independent research.
- BA/BS with strong academic record - English, Journalism, Communications or equivalent writing degree preferred
- 2+ years of online editing, content creation, and/or content strategy experience
- 2+ years working in a technical field
- Demonstrated aptitude for quickly learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong command of the English language: an eye for detail, meticulous grammar, and proofreading skills
- Excellent business acumen, written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Keen technical curiosity, with outstanding research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down complex technical subjects and present them in an approachable way for different audiences - including translating technical jargon into plain language
- Strong drive to succeed and hunger for interesting challenges
- Commitment to following and improving team processes and style guidelines
- The ability to self-manage your day-to-day tasks with minimal guidance
- Strong project management skills; able to hit deadlines for multiple projects at a time
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment; thrives in ambiguity
- Ability to adapt quickly and create solutions independently and collaboratively
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with web technologies and web-based content management tools
- Programming skills in any language
- An eye for visuals and graphic design, and familiarity with image editing tools
- Experience with other methods of presenting learning content, such as recorded video tutorials, live video streams, or instructor-led training
- Experience writing content for a technology company
- Passion for creating pleasant user experiences
- Experience working cross-functionally with UX, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing partners
- Ability to make content strategy decisions based on credible metrics and communicate according to well-reasoned analysis
TaskUs is the fastest growing tech-enabled business services company in the world, delivering the customer support, AI operations and content security services that power the world’s most innovative companies. Listed as one of Glassdoor‘s “100 Best Places to Work”, USA Today’s “Best Company Cultures” and “Best Companies for Women” by Comparably, TaskUs is a Frontline-First company that puts its people at the heart of everything they do.
TaskUs has been recognized as one of the Inc. “500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” for the past seven years consecutively. Founded in 2008 by Bryce Maddock and Jaspar Weir, the company raised over $250mm in 2018 from the world’s largest private equity firm, Blackstone.
TaskUs currently has over 20,000 employees and offices across the U.S., Philippines, India, Taiwan, Mexico, Ireland and Greece.
TaskUs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
To find out more visit www.TaskUs.com.