Product Manager- Sales and Marketing
We are seeking an experienced hands-on individual with extensive Sales and Marketing knowledge to join our team as the Product Manager of the SYSPRO Sales and Marketing portfolio. This person will become the Subject Matter Expert of the SYSPRO Sales and Marketing portfolio.
The Product Manager – Sales and Marketing will be responsible for analyzing the current SYSPRO offering and developing alternative routes to market to assist the customers in improving the customer sales. For example, build the route and its systems to allow customers to be able to sell on any e-Commerce platform that they choose.
This will require that the development of the SYSPRO Sales and Marketing offering follows good Product Management principles, preferably using the 280 Group Optimal Product Process framework.
NB: Applicants can be based anywhere in the world and can work remotely.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Hold a recognized manufacturing/industry relevant degree, preferably supported by a further business degree like an MBA
- Minimum 10 years industry experience, with at least 5 years’ experience in a senior Sales and Marketing role.
- Product Management experience
- SYSPRO knowledge
- Product management certification, or studying towards
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to design and develop complex business processes
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to lead collaborative, cross-functional teams, and deliver against time-constrained projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage your time to address multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced, professional environment
- Metrics-driven and analytical; proven ability to prioritize, drive, and achieve results through self and others under time pressure
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) –
- The SME will be the acknowledged industry expert and go-to person for detail and knowledge on Sales and Marketing capabilities for the business.
- The SME will be required to lead the Sales and Marketing team and the multi-disciplinary team to resolve any identified problems in the Sales and Marketing offering.
- Develop an understanding of the big picture based upon industry experience and translate this into a series of focused tasks to achieve the goal.
- Ensure that the appropriate documentation is developed, implemented, and maintained. This will include Playbooks, Education material, training material, webinars, thought leadership articles.
- Support for conferences and Sales processes will be occasionally required.
- Initiation and management of Customer Industry panels to assist adoption will be required to expand the “Voice of the Customer”.
- Prepare and brief any product changes into the relevant development team.
- Develop an appropriate strategy for the product in consultation with the Head of Product Management and the Chief Product Officer. Apply strategic product management principles to develop an optimized process to support SYSPRO Sales and Marketing. Ensure that any process adds value to the customer.
- The SME will also be required to ensure that the appropriate Product Management approach and tools are being applied during the product Conceive and Development phases.
- Develop clear policies, processes, and procedures to ensure success of the product.
- Ensure that all team members are clear on their roles and the associated responsibilities.
- Be the voice of the customer in the software development and rollout process.
- Call on the resources in PM to assist with the are adequately trained to succeed in their respective responsibilities.
- Identify areas of the business requiring Continuous Improvement, driving a culture of becoming better at supporting the customers.
- Add value to the business processes by ensuring that the critical processes are clearly understood, documented and available.
- Collaborate with the Product Operations team to design and develop a process to improve the release of the Sales and Marketing offering.
- Assist in the implement the process across the business.
- Fully support Development and QA through the software lifecycle.
- Support Corporate and Regional teams to sell and support.
- Retire and onboard any new core functionality based upon demand using the SYSPRO OEM Model.
- Change Management – lead the department to support the business implement and change to adapt to a changing business environment.
- Medical Aid
- Provident Fund
- 100% company contribution on risk (which includes, global education, income disability, funeral cover, provident admin and group life)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Awesome work culture
- The best Espresso Bar