MS Azure Cloud Engineer
This role is responsible for the design, provision, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
Qualifications and Experience
- Senior Certificate or NQF 4 equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Large Microsoft Enterprise environments
- Cloud Infrastructure Design.
- Cyber Security Regulations.
- Azure DevOps.
- SQL and Server Cloud Infrastructure maintenance and Support.
- Performance Monitoring, management and Reporting.
- Support all Business lines System Development Teams.
- Server maintenance and Administration.
- Security and System usage Policies management.
- This person is expected to work with business users, analysts and peers to provide solutions following a defined Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) process.
- The person is expected to be a Senior Level Microsoft Administrator and have the capability and understanding of other applications such as Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Server environments in order to recommend and utilize appropriate toolsets based on business requirements.
- The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Security, OS Internal concepts, IIS Administration experience.
- Experience with Hyper-V configuration and administration networking.
- Experience with Microsoft Management tools (SCOM, SCCM, SCSM, MS Orchestrator (Opalis)).
- Experience with Unified Messaging (MS Exchange and Lync/Skype for Business)
- Familiarity with networking tools (ping, tracert, tracemon, NetMon, wire shark, etc.).
- Familiarity with networking concepts including VIPs, NAT, DNS.
- Advanced experience with scripting tools such as XML and PowerShell.
- Experience working with and maintaining MS SQL Server, including performance tuning.
- Experience configuring and maintaining MS Azure PaaS & IaaS & SaaS offerings.
- Server clustering experience.
- Experience with data reconciliation and migration between data environments (e.g. dev, test, staging, prod, etc).
- Experience with Virtualized storage including vendors like NetApp, EMC, Nimble and Microsoft. ISCI and Fiber channel SAN storage experience.
- MCSE Server Infrastructure or MCSE Private Cloud.
- Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions Certification.
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions Certifications.
- Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions Certification