Senior .NET Developer
- The .Net Developer is responsible for developing and maintaining the required desktop, API’s and web applications in the organisation.
- This includes:
- Documenting the development work.
- Meeting stakeholders or product owners to clarify requirements and business rules.
- Application deployment.
- Providing support to the end-users when needed.
- Maintain/fixing any code that breaks in any in-house application.
- Document the development work done.
- Maintain and enhance existing Desktop and Web applications.
- Maintain script used across the entire platform.
- Provide support to users at all times.
- Abide by Agile/Scrum rules:
- Break stories down to tasks.
- Estimate the time required to finish the tasks.
- Prioritise the stories and tasks.
- Update your hours and tasks/stories every day before leaving.
- Deploy to QA and UAT for testing.
- Branching source control code before deploying to production.
- Adhere to company policies and departmental procedures.
- Ensure accurate reporting in accordance with set procedures.
- Complete work according to given time table.
Education and qualification:
- National Diploma or NQF 5 equivalent
- MCAD or equivalent
- Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web
- Developing Windows Azure and Web Services
- Programming in C#
- AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure (adv.)
At least 5 years working experience with the below technologies:
- NET MVC
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Web API
- RESTful services
- Entity Framework
- Visual Studio 2015 - 2019
- DevOps (Team Foundation Server)
- .NET Core - Important
- Research and Technical Documentation
- On the job coaching of more junior team members
- Microsoft Bot Framework (adv.)
- Azure Cognitive Services (Adv.)