FPGA Hardware Engineer
Job Title: FPGA Hardware Engineer
Who is Syncroness?
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- FPGA and Embedded Software development for Military Tactical Systems and/or on-orbit systems (bus or instrument). Assignments include designs which leverage SoC architectures with embedded processors, a variety of signal processing and algorithm implementation, as well as communication interfaces/protocols.
- Work closely with other engineers (RF, Mechanical, Systems, Software, Board design, Operational Analysis) to build end-to-end system solutions from RF to bits.
- All aspects of FPGA work flow, including design, simulation, block-level verification, synthesis, static timing, lab bench testing, embedded software coding, and supporting test software/scripting.
- Comprehensive documentation of design work, possibly including customer presentations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with VHDL and/or Verilog
- Familiarity writing test benches and testing firmware using software such as Modelsim or equivalent
- Familiarity with revision control such as GIT
- Familiarity using problem reporting and change control systems
- Familiarity with Xilinx, Microsemi, or Altera FPGA programming and usage
- Familiarity with firmware unit/block testing
- Familiarity with static code analysis
- Familiarity with code standard
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or Green Green Card Holder)
- Aerospace Industry experience
- Previous AirBus experience is a plus.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), from a technical college or university
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.