Materials and Process engineer
Complex problems. Inspired solutions.
Job Title: Material and Process Engineer
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project Management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering Disciplines
- Knowledge Integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What we are looking for: Materials and Process Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This contract labor position is for a mid-level to highly experienced Avionics Parts, Material and Processes (PMP) engineer, with responsibilities to include the following:
- Serve as team member within the Avionics PMP Group - ensuring that PMP review, testing and procurement meet project schedule and budget
- Provide Avionics PMP support to Avionics hardware including EEE piece parts, electrical circuit boards, electrical connectors, electrical box assemblies, batteries, and wire harnessing
- Coordinate with designers to ensure proper PMP selection on heritage and major development programs
- Review drawing packages for material and process selection and compatibility with electrical parts
- Evaluate and approve Part Approval Requests (PAR) using physics of failure based reliability principles, including assignment of suitability for the application, and the intended mission profile environment
- Interface with Avionics suppliers in support of Hardware Design, Manufacturing Processes Reviews, Build Instruction Reviews, and Build Anomaly Reviews
- May require up to 20% travel
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or similar applied science or engineering fields
- Current or previous experience with Aerospace Avionics Parts, Material and Processes including Electrical Piece Parts, Wire Harnesses, and Top Assembly Boxes
- 10+ years of experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrated experience in the resolution of complex part, material, and process anomalies
- Working knowledge of Military and Commercial parts, materials, and process specifications
- Experience working independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written, including presentation skills)
- Ability to travel when needed
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
syncroness headquarters•10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021•303.429.5005•www.syncroness.com
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.