Cybersecurity Engineer – Engineering consultant
Cybersecurity Engineer – Engineering consultant
What is Syncroness?
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
- Responsible in applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop validate and verify Cyber solutions across the life cycle.
- Responsible to provide cyber security risk assessment for customers.
- Responsible for developing Product cyber Road Map
- Responsible to conduct cyber risk assessment activities including threat modeling, vulnerability analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions
- Responsible to develop, evaluate and analyze design constrains, trade-offs and detailed system and security design.
- Responsible for working within a collaborative, multi-discipline environment to produce secure deliverable products as part of an Agile team
- Responsible to conduct cyber security test and evaluation of hardware and/or software designs to verify and validate compliance with defined specifications and requirements.
- Employ cyber security processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application.
- Drive efficiency through standardization, automation, documentation, and cross-training
- Analyze source code, test data, and security scan reports for vulnerabilities and develop/implement mitigations
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or similar curriculum
- Must have strong software design skills and have a good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Must be able to apply SDLC concepts and have a proven track record of delivering solid, robust applications
- 10+ years of experience in programming in C#, Python or other scripting language and SQL
- 5+ years' experience in performing cybersecurity activities in support of software and system requirements, design, development, testing, and sustainment.
- Knowledge of DoD cybersecurity requirements, DISA STIGs, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Threat modeling, vulnerability and compliance assessments and mitigation
- Knowledge of attack and counter measure and system protection plans.
- Experience in working in multilayer architecture and multiple subsystem environments.
- Experience in agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and a history of successfully applying this knowledge to deliver applications
- Experience in working in continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Experience with Secure Configuration/Hardening of Systems.
- Experience in unit testing using tools likeNUnit and mocking frameworks like Moq
- Experience in Atlassian suite - Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket and confluence
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, and the ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skill
- Must be a US citizen
- Experience inworking in medical device /Defense/Aerospace, Aviation, etc.
- Experience in NIST Risk Management Framework and Software Assurance measures and practices.
- Experience in IEC62304 standards, cryptographic standards and methods, detailed knowledge cryptographic key management
- Have held Secret Clearance
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.