Senior Electrical Engineer - RF
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer – RF
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
As a senior member of our electrical team, you will work in multi-disciplinary project teams to architect and develop systems for a wide variety of markets including consumer products, medical devices, space systems, unmanned aerial vehicles, and industrial controls. You will support the sales team as we bid and quote on incoming work and leverage. You’ll have the opportunity to showcase the many hats that you can wear as you integrate yourself into our project teams, working closely with the systems engineering and project management functions. On these teams you will be responsible for the outcomes of the electrical and electronics function, sometimes including firmware. You will heavily influence our design guidelines as we consistently strive to be better. You will mentor less experienced engineers and work closely with management to groom them to take on more responsibility.
How you will spend your time:
Because of the variable nature of our work, this is only an aspirational guide to how you will spend your time and is subject to change depending upon the ongoing status of our business.
- Design Work:
You’ll design hardware architectures, power budgets, electrical block diagrams, schematics and PCBs. You’ll get your hands dirty and own your designs from start to finish, involving other team members as appropriate to ensure that our designs are successful. You’ll review the work of other engineers on a regular basis.
You’ll work with the more junior staff members, developing their technical skills and helping them advance in their careers. This requires effective delegation, where you allow them to own their work but you stay closely involved to ensure that they are successful.
- Sales Support:
You’ll work closely with our account managers and project managers to bid and scope projects with our customers, occasionally visiting customer sites to discuss our capabilities.
Whether it’s training, developing and refining our processes, managing portions of our Quality Management System, or tracking your time, you’ll also have to deal with a lot of the extraneous responsibilities of a senior staff member.
Who You Are:
You’re an individual who has the experience that comes from successfully delivering multiple projects and can speak to the lessons you learned from your failures along the way. You’re comfortable being the point person responsible for getting the job done. You’ve been part of these projects from their inception to their delivery, so you’re keenly aware of the different hurdles at each stage of the process. You’ve worked with a large variety of technologies so you can bring your breadth of experience to bear and tailor a right-sized solution to individual project needs. You have outstanding attention to detail, which makes you invaluable when reviewing the work of others. You don’t believe in a one-size fits all approach and you are skilled at adapting to changing circumstances. You’ve also delivered a number of RF projects and been a critical member of those teams.
Above all, people refer to you as an outstanding team member that they enjoy working with.
Additional details are below:
- Extensive design and layout experience including most or all of the following (Altium preferred):
- Controlled impedance for high-speed serial channel design or RF technologies
- Communications interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, RS-485, USB, SDIO, CAN, MIL-STD-1553, LVDS etc.)
- DC/DC converters and topologies
- EMI/EMC and Signal Integrity analysis
- Analog and sensor interface design
- RF design experience including:
- IF Up/Downconverters
- Antenna measurement, integration and/or design
- RF Link Budgets & Radio design
- Development of specifications and derived requirements from customer or end-user inputs
- Extensive experience with test protocols and strategies to accomplish traceable conformance with customer requirements, with an emphasis on automation
- Strong familiarity with embedded firmware such as:
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) techniques
- Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Strong C/C++ experience
- Experience with SVN and Git
- Demonstrable history of successful mentorship of other engineers
- Demonstrable experience successfully working in cross-functional teams
- History of successful delivery of products in a leadership role in regulated environments
- Experience with large project proposals and staffing estimations
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum development practices
- Experience with Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and AS9100
- Experience with regulatory and standard requirements such as:CE, FCC, UL, MIL-STDs, IEC standards, DO-160, RoHS, WEEE, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited technical college or university in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 7+ years of experience.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
syncroness headquarters•10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021•303.429.5005•www.syncroness.com
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.