Electrical Engineer-Analytical Instruments
Job Title: Electrical Engineer - Analytical Instruments
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What we are looking for Candidates should have a passion for developing new technology and working with high-performing teams in a collaborative environment. In this role, you will work as an Electrical Engineer in the Clients WTS Analytical Instrument Technology team designing electronic systems and modules for new analytical instrumentation products and providing sustaining support for existing products. The candidate would join a premier team of hardware, software and chemical engineers responsible for developing new analytical instrumentation in the water quality space.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design electronic systems and modules for new analytical instrumentation products and provide sustaining support for existing products
- Work with cross functional teams on new and existing instrumentation, provide obsolescence support and perform other duties as required.
- Identifies problems and formulate solutions. Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound scientific/engineering principals
- Can manage small projects to completion and share technical knowledge with their group
- Communicates key information clearly to internal and external customers to influence technical decisions and strategy. May participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Communicates effectively across the organization. Interacts and collaborates with technical colleagues and cross-functional groups
- Engages w/Project Managers and Engineering Manager to create detailed schedules. Identifies hand off points w/other functions and key milestones within schedules and work plans
- Tracks projects or processes effectively and prioritizes based on business criticality.
- Present ideas in both written and oral forms through design reviews and drawing sign-off with multi functional global teams.
- Preparation of design and fabrication drawings within established documentation and release practices
- Design and fabricate test fixtures for prototype and pilot production environment
- Write test plans/procedures, test designs, and document results
- Conduct requirements based verification activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in electronic hardware design
- Proficient with schematic capture, PCB layout and CAD applications (Altium Preferred)
- Hands-on lab experience with PCB bring up, RTOS integration, and troubleshooting
- Experience with low level firmware used on PCBs
- Experience with embedded system processors and firmware/PCB/hardware integration
- Ability to interpret technical material, define problems, create test plans, collect data, establish facts, and communicate conclusions effectively
- Ability to deal with multiple variables that represent conflicting design requirements and specifications
- Ability to handle multiple projects with conflicting priorities
- Ability to interact with MFG, Quality, Field Service and other internal and external organizations
- Computer skills to include MS Office
- Familiar with circuit simulation tools such as SPICE
- Altium Designer schematic capture and PCB experience preferred
- Proficient in both analog and digital design
- Experience designing for EMI/ESD protection
- DFT and DFM experience desirable
- Knowledge of PCB manufacture and assembly process
- Design experience to meet the needs of low to medium volume production environment
- Ability to assist or lead the development of product and electrical specifications
- Ability to manage Engineering Change Orders and follow Configuration Management release processes
- Experience with component selection and qualification
- Experience with vendor management/qualification
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
syncroness headquarters•10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021•303.429.5005•www.syncroness.com
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.