Environmental Control and Life Support System (ECLSS) Engineer - Human Spaceflight
Complex problems. Inspired solutions.
Job Title: ECLSS Engineer
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for design, development, and testing of thermal control components and systems for future space habitats in a hands-on environment.
- Provides accurate modeling of the thermal environment of spacecraft habitats
- Oversees the design and manufacture of hardware that controls the habitat environment
- Conducts tests to verify performance, and develop the systems through flight qualification.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 5-8 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 4-6 years with system and/or hardware design and analysis experience
- PhD degree in Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent field and 0-2 years with system and /or hardware design experience in the aerospace industry.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge and experience with spacecraft, spacesuits, aircraft, military, or habitat environmental control and life support systems, subsystems, assemblies, and/or components.
- Knowledge and experience with the engineering product lifecycle, ranging from requirements development through design, manufacture, test, and operations.
- Knowledge and skills in applying engineering principles and procedures to develop practical and tailored engineering solutions.
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and spoken form
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, positive work relationships; have creativity, flexibility and resourcefulness; have discriminating judgment, tact and sense of humor
- Ability to evaluate Junior Engineer's designs and concepts and provide expert advice that will enhance the resulting designs
- Ability and proficiency in job-required software applications
- Ideally, but not required, ability to serve as project manager on projects with well-defined scope and objectives
- Ability to train junior engineers in their duties
- Ideally, but not required, knowledge and experience in Thermal Control Systems, Crew Systems, Cabin Design, Mechanical Design, Mechanical Analysis, or Thermal Analysis
- Ideally, but not required, knowledge of, and skills in, CAD software (e.g. SOLIDWORKS), and Product Data Management tools such as Windchill, or SOLIDWORKS PDM
- Ideally, but not required, skills in project budgeting and forecasting
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a DoD security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.