Job Title: Staff Accountant (Alten/Xdin)
Who is Alten USA?
We are passionate about technology with a strong engineering culture, high value-added projects, mobility and personalized career support, our teams are mobilized in an innovative and stimulating environment. Whether you are a consultant/engineer, business manager, or support function, our objective is clear: to enable you to live your business in the best conditions. We support innovation, allow career evolution and promote fulfillment.
What are we looking for? We are looking for a Staff Accountant to assist the local Controller and corporate accounting staff with day-to-day tasks in all areas of accounting and finance. We are seeking a driven individual with high energy seeking to advance their career. The successful candidate should enjoy all aspects of accounting and finance and possess a broad understanding of how it impacts business and business decision making. Analytical and evaluative skills are a must, requiring an understanding of both accounting theory and practice. Additionally, this individual will need a strong ability to learn and/or implement accounting and ERP software systems. Ultimately, the Staff Accountant will have accounting responsibilities across multiple subsidiary companies, and will work with team members outside of the accounting department to ensure accurate transaction processing and financial reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primary responsibility for accounting functions involving all aspects of the customer relationship serving clients in aerospace, medical device and automotive industries, including:
- Working with project managers and project coordinators to ensure the timely and accurate setup of new customers and new projects in the ERP system
- Preparation of invoices in accordance with customer requirements
- Management of the Accounts Receivable process, from invoice delivery to cash collection and application and follow up on delinquent receivables with the customer and/or internal management
- Management of the Accounts Payable cycle, from vendor setup and accurate input of invoices to management and coordination of the payment process including ACH and wire payments.
- Full cycle responsibility for employee expense reimbursements
- Assist in the coordination of payroll preparation with HR and ensure accurate recording of payroll transactions in the general ledger
- Assist in month-end close process, including journal entry processing and preparation of various general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist with department process and control updates.
- Special project assignments
- Growth into full completion of month-end close process and financial reporting.
- Be involved in an ERP transition from Quickbooks to Netsuite
Desired skills and experience:
- Netsuite OpenAir experience
- Netsuite financials experience
- Quickbooks experience
- Experience in a professional services company helpful
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job will be positioned in Greensboro, NC.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), from a technical college or university in accounting, plus
2-4 years of professional experience in corporate accounting, public accounting, or a combination of both.
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alten USA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.