Senior Mechanical Design and Analysis Engineer
Complex problems. Inspired solutions.
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design and Analysis Engineer
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Mechanical Engineering and Documentation role:
- Analyze mechanical and electromechanical components and assemblies using finite element analysis (FEA) for structural, thermal, kinematic, and dynamic loads.
- Generate hand calculations to support design decisions.
- Implement product design using engineering principles and standard engineering tools.
- Develop and modify designs using SOLIDWORKS or PTC Creo.
- Apply experience, critical thinking, and expertise leading or participating in design reviews.
- Collect, develop, and analyze design inputs.
- Estimate scope and duration of proposed analysis projects.
- Provide inputs to project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and tracking.
- Communicate with vendors, team, and PM for the advancement of projects.
- Assist in the sales process for quoting and estimating future design and analysis projects.
- Identify design and product risks and mitigations.
- Adhere to Syncroness Quality System processes.
- Compile and present complete engineering design and analysis documentation so product designs can be produced while meeting the proper regulatory requirements.
- Develop test specifications to guide testing.
- Communicate and coordinate with other disciplines including Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Software Engineering.
2. Mechanical Engineering Leadership role:
- Lead team(s) and/or serve as primary technical resource.
- Provide technical oversight, training, and mentoring.
- Interact with customers to derive requirements and communicate technical direction.
- Work with project managers and systems engineering to understand and implement system-level requirements and to identify scope creep.
- Complete technical reviews of team member work.
- Contribute to Syncroness' Product Development Process.
- Participate in outside organizations for both career advancement and professional Syncroness exposure.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from an accredited college or university plus 7+ years of engineering analysis and product development experience
- Master’s Degree (M.S in engineering from an accredited college or university plus 5+ years of engineering analysis and product development experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Solid experience in product design and development.
- Expert in FEA using ANSYS Mechanical or Femap with NX Nastran for structural, thermal, kinematic, and dynamic analysis of mechanical and electromechanical components.
- Ability to generate hand calculations in PTC Mathcad Prime and MS Excel to support design decisions.
- Knowledge of CAD packages (preferably SOLIDWORKS or PTC Creo) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present and report technical findings
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using general engineering principles without supervision.
- Experience checking work, mentoring, and training.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to share and manage time among multiple projects effectively.
Additional, Desired Skills
- Proficiency in highly non-linear, transient, and dynamic FEA using explicit time integration (e.g. LS-DYNA).
- Proficiency in Multibody dynamic analysis including large deformations and material nonlinearity (e.g. MSC ADAMS).
- Experience with tooling and test fixtures.
Due to our work in aerospace and defense industries, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.