Functional Safety Engineer
Functional Safety Engineer
What is Syncroness?
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
- Understands and further develops the necessary activities to design a safe ADAS system according to ISO 26262.
- Could perform, lead and explain all activities from Hazard Analysis via Functional Safety
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- Finds appropriate technical solutions to cope with all identified safety risks in close collaboration with domain experts and engineers and describes them precisely in verifiable safety requirements.
- FTA to the methods of NUREG-0492 and/or IEC 61025
- FMEA/FMECA to SAE J1739, VDA 4, and/or Mil-std-1629
- Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level
- Dependent Failure /Common cause analysis
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis
- Maintenance Safety Analysis
- Failure metrics analysis in accordance with ISO DIS-26262 and/or Safe Failure Fraction in accordance with IEC-61508.
- FTA and FMEA using computer aided analysis tools (E.g. ITEM Toolkit, Relex, Isograph, etc.)
- Reliability Predictions in accordance with IEC 62380, Mil-Hdbk-217 or Telcordia.
- Human Factors Analysis IAW Mil-Hdbk-1472 or equivalent.
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Control Engineering, Physics or related if combined with development engineering experience in embedded control systems
- Preferred candidate possesses a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a safety analyst in an automotive environment. Other technical environments, including avionics and military (Mil-Std-882) will be considered.
- Prefer previous experience with Embedded Electronic Controls systems (E.g. Brake, Airbag, Steering)
- Prefer experience in applying safety according to ISO DIS 26262 standard, or secondly IEC 61508 standard.
- Prefer good understanding of embedded Software engineering and Hardware engineering domains
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.