Aerospace Software Developer
Job Title: Software Developer C, C++
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assess and improve software development and configuration management processes.
- Manage and control software elements and configurations over the product lifecycle, including product development.
- Administer and improve process for Software Problem Reports.
- Prepare for and support Stages of Involvement (SOI) audits to show compliance to processes.
- Ensure configuration identification by reviewing design release documents for completeness, proper authorizations and system updates.
- Develop complex configuration analysis plans to encompass contractual requirements.
- Develop and maintain software configuration management database.
- Coordinate with internal and external customers to determine a process for change reporting.
- Prepare written or electronic records of part design change documents.
- Prepare or provide input to engineering analyses, status reports, letters, technical memoranda, and briefings.
- Authorize the release of software changes specified by Program Management and other functional groups.
- Provide advice and guidance on methods, procedures and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
- Support Software (SW) Verification & Validation (V&V) execution.
- Leads or assists in root cause problem solving activities using standard methods, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs occasionally.
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Five years of experience with aerospace product development.
- Experience managing multiple projects and conflicting priorities.
- Experience with Military and DO software standards, such as DO-178 and MIL-STD-498.
- 8 years of software development experience with C/C++ in real-time embedded applications that interface with low level hardware (device drivers).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to evaluate existing code base and make modifications as required and to add new features and functionality.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Experience with the MicroSemi Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for effective interface with engineers, management, suppliers, customers, and generation of documentation.
- Demonstrated experience with FAA Conformity and Certification (14 CFR Part 25).
- Demonstrated experience with DoD Air Worthiness (MIL-STD-516).
- Demonstrated experience with DOORS requirements management software a plus.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
syncroness headquarters•10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021•303.429.5005•www.syncroness.com
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.