Director of Systems Engineering
Job Title: Director of Systems Engineering
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What we are looking for: The leader of systems engineering resources and processes at Syncroness. Handle resource loading for systems engineering resources. Mentor systems engineers of all levels by reviewing all work performed and giving advice. Lead hiring efforts for systems engineering. Assist in the sales process to create proposals and estimates for future work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the entire systems engineering staff to ensure that engineering solutions are of the highest quality and technically sound.
- Train and mentor systems engineers.
- Allocates systems engineering resources on a weekly basis taking into account project priority.
- Lead the hiring effort for the systems engineering.
- Conduct informal design reviews to ensure individual development and quality work.
- Arrange training activities for direct reports on an as needed basis.
- Review and evaluate systems engineering personnel performance including annual performance reviews.
- Generate/revise Syncroness documentation for processes and procedures, particularly in the area of systems engineering.
- Assist with proposals and project estimating tools.
- Continually look for ways to improve department function, efficiency, and work environment.
- Represent the organization in outside discussions, technical forums and in dealings with high-level individuals in customer companies.
- Operate with considerable latitude and handle a wide variety of challenging work situations with minimal/no instruction.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity - generally developing new products to fill a customer need.
- Adheres to Syncroness Quality System processes.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), from a technical college or university, in an Engineering or Management field
- 12 or more years of professional experience in an Engineering field.
- Masters of Science degree (M.S.) preferred.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Three or more years of experience with a Model Based Systems Engineering and/or Requirements Management tool.
- Direct experience creating a wide variety of systems engineering documentation.
- Four to six years of leadership experience.
- Must be able to accurately estimate projects for systems engineering effort and/or other engineering discipline.
- Direct experience with project management a plus.
- Medical Device & Aerospace Experience Preferred
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
syncroness headquarters•10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021•303.429.5005•www.syncroness.com
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.