What is Syncroness?
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
The Test Engineer will define and carry out all required development / validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals. They will participate in supplier assessments and post-test inspection reviews; including detailed failure analysis.
The Test Engineer handles the tasks of designing, developing protocols and testing reports for testing automobile products to meet product requirements. Job includes verification and validation of test plans, test procedures, test reports, developing testing methodology, techniques, and standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Work experience and/or academic research in an automotive engineering environment
- Fundamental knowledge of internal combustion engines and powertrain calibration
- Working knowledge of calibration tools (INCA /ATI), CAN communication protocols, and powertrain technologies
- Proficient in Matlab / Simulink
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute tasks under minimal supervision
- Strong leadership capability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly present technical material to individuals at all levels of the organization
- 5+ years of prior vehicle control system experience and system troubleshooting of spark ignition engines
- Min 1+ years experience working with functional safety or torque security calibration or testing
- Min 1+ experience using INCA, CDA, DCPlot, CANalyzer or CANoe
- Min 1+ years experience with electrified powertrain technologies
- Experience with ISO 26262
- Experience performing Hazard Analysis Risk Assessments (HARA) on vehicle safety systems and assigning ASIL ratings to component, subsystem and full system failures
- Experience using FMEA documents to assess systems safety risk
- Ability to be responsible for designing, coordinating and conducting the Torque
- Security safety audit for new powertrain applications for both spark ignited engines and electrified powertrain systems
- Ability to plan, then conduct or supervise, a highly detailed series of electrical and CAN fault injections designed to test the Torque Security system’s capacity to detect failures and perform the necessary remedial action.
- Must be able to generate reports, conduct test concern reviews with feature calibrators, and assist in investigations into software/logic errors uncovered during testing.
- Ability to manipulate and utilize large and complex sets of engine mapping data to analyze and solve complex system problems as they relate to functional safety.
- Must be able to work cross functionally with engine development, powertrain controls and vehicle teams to identify solutions that achieve program requirements.
- The candidate should expect to travel 1-3 weeks throughout the year for system validation/verification.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.