Job Title: Safety Lead
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What we are looking for as the safety lead for the contract development team, you will support the development, implementation, and testing, of the Functional Safety Plan for electronic control systems, consistent with project and system architecture objectives. This includes having a focus on international ISO NORMS (i.e. ISO 25119, ISO 13849, ISO 19014, etc.), acting as a technical and project interface with contract developers and Clients Autonomous Solutions safety engineers to develop technical safety solutions for agricultural and construction products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the day to day operation of the remote contract development team.
- Act as a scrum master for contract development team to ensure ‘sprint’ tasks committed to will be delivered.
- Ensure any blockers or misunderstandings are brought to Client’s attention in a timely fashion.
- Help in managing the Jira backlog.
- Ensure tasks defined by Client are understood and executed by the contract developers.
- Assist in breaking down safety function into implementable safety requirements per ISO
- Ensure all required safety standards (including ISO 25119 and 19014 standards) are being adhered to throughout the development life cycle and appropriate artifacts are being generated.
- Manage traceability between code being developed and requirements.
- Develop test cases against which features will be tested against.
- Run 1st round of testing before Client tests at a higher level.
- Work as a developer during the USA timezone to resolve issues or implement requirements and direct the contract technical work as well.
- Expected to be available during Client working hours.
- Ensure documentation is completed up to standards required by regulatory standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5+ years of engineering product development experience.
- Demonstrated delivery of multiple products in accordance with ISO 13849, ISO 61508, ISO 26262 or ISO 25119.
- Specific experience in releasing functional safety documentation (development and assessment).
- Active usage of Advanced Documentation Management Systems such as DOORS or Polarion.
- Knowledge of CAN based on-road and off-road vehicle EE architectures and system implementations
- Experience with Vector tools: Canalizer, Canoe,CAN bus, SAE J1939, KWP2000, protocols a plus.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with a wide variety of people /audiences.
- Familiarity with Agricultural, Construction, or autonomous vehicle architectures is a plus.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
syncroness headquarters•10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021•303.429.5005•www.syncroness.com
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.