Manufacturing Engineer – Plastics
Manufacturing Engineer – Plastics
What is Syncroness?
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Our Plastics Manufacturing Engineering team is a diverse, high performing group of engineers that define and execute our client’s manufacturing processes for plastic components. As a part of this team, you will be tasked with assessing the current manufacturing capabilities of our client plastics processes, developing a manufacturing and capacity strategy for plastic components for current and future product programs, determining the most effective methods to manufacture plastic components, and implementing equipment capacity and capability upgrades.
- Bringing the voice of manufacturing into the design process to guide the design of components for efficient processing through molding and assembly processes
- Supporting capital cost, schedule, and labor planning for new facilities and products.
- Providing technical solutions and leading engineering sub-contractors in process design, layout, and construction of new plastics equipment
- Seeking out, investigating, trialing, and evaluating new plastics equipment technologies. Focusing on non-standard solutions and equipment that has not been used in production environments to deliver innovative solutions to enable product programs.
- Commissioning molding processes and equipment through the use of factory and site acceptance testing
- Understanding and reviewing part appearance standards. Collaborating with design and vehicle quality as needed to improve appearance standards
- Using a data-based approach to optimize molding processes to reach quality and production requirements
- Defining facility requirements for plastics molding processes
- Supporting all engineering builds and verifying scalability of molding processes
- Developing and executing production process validation criteria using standardized metrics (cycle time, OEE, MTBF, etc.)
- Defining a robust process control plan to enable high quality of molded parts
- Submitting, reviewing, and approving any process changes for continuous improvement of ongoing production
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar; MS preferred. Relevant hands-on experience and a proven record of delivering results will be considered in-lieu of specific formal educational criteria.
- 5-7+ years of hands-on experience with plastics molding processes and equipment
- Detailed understanding of plastics molding related process variables and their impact on throughput, quality, and yield rate
- Must have working knowledge of equipment design, mold design, controls, and set up and validation of robotic cells
- Strong foundation of problem-solving skills, statistical process control, design of experiments and simulation techniques
- Understanding of Design for Assembly (DFM), facility design principles, and lean manufacturing techniques
- Ability to apply engineering fundamental principles to identify and drive non-standard solutions to solve manufacturing constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills when working with internal groups and outside vendors
- Comfortable providing clear and focused technical guidance to outside engineering resources whether it be equipment vendors, Tier I, II suppliers, or engineering services
- Ability to work in rapidly changing environment with minimal guidance
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally
- Comfortable in leading diverse multi-functional team
- Proficient in basic and field related software (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Minitab, JMP, Mold flow, etc
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.