Software Engineer- Android
Complex problems. Inspired solutions.
Job Title: Software Engineer- Android
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Work within a project team and may also serve as a technical project lead
- Responsible for adapting high level operating systems such as Android to custom electronics boards
- Develop, maintain and debug applications for the same systems
- Share expertise and advise or mentor other engineers to aid in their professional development
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the Quality System.
- Uses operating system board support packages to customize operating systems for custom instrument hardware.
- Develops applications and utilities to assist in the project's design goals.
- Works with other team members to understand team and market needs and produce corresponding software specifications.
- Writes unit tests for code development activities.
- Participates effectively in technical code reviews both as a reviewer and reviewee.
- Fosters a collaborative and cooperative work environment.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field from a technical college or university
- 5+ years of professional experience in related field.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Android application development
- Experience with programming languages such as C/C++, Java, and Kotlin
- Experience with revision control software such as Git
- Remote debugging
- Working with hardware device drivers
- Developing and debugging kernel drivers for embedded Linux
- Other aspects of working with embedded Linux
- Experience building and customizing the Android OS is preferred
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
1 | Page
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.