Job Title: Project Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What are we looking for? In this critical role, you assume ultimate ownership and accountability for the successful execution of high-priority integration projects within a program. As the primary point of contact, you must enjoy solving communication and organizational problems, earning trust and improving the overall performance of all teams involved. We are seeking a self-motivated and highly organized individual who can work with minimal direction and coordinate teams in the successful execution of engineering integration activities. This position will have a direct impact and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As part of a passionate and accomplished team, you will work at the intersection of program management, engineering, integrated supply chain and quality organizations, improving team effectiveness and coordination, and ensuring that the right people are working together to solve problems and deliver results on time. Assignments can range from supporting engine and subsystem integration activities to component development and testing coordination with external suppliers. In early project phases, you may define component requirements or develop ground support equipment concepts that support engine and subsystem assembly, check-out, and integration into test facilities or launch vehicles. In later phases, you will coordinate internal and external stakeholders, manage changes and resolve unexpected problems in support of engine or subsystem builds, subsequent integration into test facilities and launch vehicles, and test activities.
- Develop plans to deliver engine and subsystem configurations in support of test activities
- Coordinate configuration changes with upstream and downstream stakeholders
- Assess the programmatic impact of configuration change requests
- Create and manage a line of balance for hardware and key equipment to support upcoming builds
- Partner with manufacturing engineering and contribute to the development of detailed procedures
- Respond to unexpected changes to ensure integration activities stay on schedule, on budget, and are completed with high-quality and documented build pedigree
- Coordinate with procurement, internal and external manufacturing to ensure that hardware priorities are well understood and are actively managed to support the need dates
- Identify schedule-critical hardware, equipment, people, and facilities; resolve constraints
- Develop recovery strategies when nonconformances or other escapes are identified
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans
- Develop schedule and budget; manage and report progress
- Develop and report key project metrics
- Lead Pre-ship reviews, ensuring hardware and software/firmware readiness prior to shipment
- B.S./B.A. degree in engineering or other technical field
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- B.S./B.A. degree in engineering or other technical field
- 5+ years of experience in design, development, integration, or testing – preferably with aerospace hardware or complex technical systems
- Experience working in a manufacturing and production control environment
- Possess high attention to detail and strong organizational/coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability building trusting and effective working relationships that improve team performance and deliver results
- Experience managing large assemblies and Bills of Material
- Working knowledge of configuration management principles and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Demonstrated technical expertise with liquid rocket engines and test facilities
- Experience integrating complex subsystems into a spacecraft, launch vehicle, or test facility
- Experience implementing, customizing or improving configuration management systems in a development engineering environment
- Experience leading a small technical team
- Experience with P6 or other GANTT-style project management tools
- Experience in Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA)
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.