Mechanical Engineer (Air Turbine Starter)
Complex problems. Inspired solutions.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Air Turbine Starter)
Duration: 12 Month Contract-to-Hire
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What we are looking for is an Engineer that has specific Air Turbine Starter experience, either through the military or commercial experience. The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for implementing/leading ATS ( Air Turbine Starter) design, development, and testing. The individual will also be responsible for developing recommendations for improving existing ATS product design and quality; including development and testing prototypes of alternate designs and processing methods to assess operating condition effects and possible new applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Applies research to the planning, design, layout, development, testing, and evaluation of ATS systems and subcomponents, meeting standards of safety, quality, and design.
- Implements strategy for ATS development activities including engineering studies , feasibility studies, cost estimates, implementation of standard and non-standard specifications, and development of performance or maintenance requirements.
- Execute test and qualification for ATS systems, sub-systems, and components. Review test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test
objectives and direct modification of equipment to meet specifications .
- Make and implement recommendations for improvement in design quality through the reduction in design errors and escapes .
- Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems associated with high pressure pneumatic duct systems .
- May evaluate and analyze various designs to determine their cost -effectiveness and efficiency.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Engineering, from a technical college or university.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 10 years of Air Turbine Starter or Turbo Machinery experience
- Expert knowledge of SAE AS943, AS1607, ARP949 and other industry standards associated with ATS systems
- In-depth knowledge of ATS design, validation, and test techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding ATS structural loading, vibration, and design parameters / sizing
- Must possess knowledge related to the design and qualification requirements for pneumatic ATS systems / components
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent experienced and knowledge gained from working with Air Turbine Starters
and their design
- CATIA V5 experience
- Technical Writing
- Understanding of LEAN/Continuous Improvement
- Experience with design optimization and analysis of pneumatic flex joint using Finite Element analysis is required
- Knowledge regarding turbine engines including compressor stages and bleed air is a plus
- Experience with high cycle fatigue testing and analysis
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.