Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly
Manufacturing Engineer – Assembly
What is Syncroness?
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
As an Assembly Manufacturing Engineer, you will design, implement, and improve assembly processes in a designated area of the vehicle manufacturing process. You will define the assembly line, assembly processes, and equipment. You will work with a highly motivated cross-functional team and deliver turnkey solutions to enable vehicle production at rate. You will develop processes for highest safety, quality, and efficiency while reducing overall cost. Involvement will start in design phase of new programs until stable production metrics are achieved.
- Collaborating with product engineering on design for assembly of various components to allow for an efficient assembly process that builds quality into the product
- Participating in periodic design and process reviews during product development and ensuring correct specifications are set and best practices adhered to
- Designing assembly processes, tools, and equipment that are efficient to operate and easy to maintain
- Assessing and reducing risk in the assembly process using PFMEA methodology
- Collaborating with external vendors and internal stakeholders to conduct design reviews of the production equipment throughout the development process
- Supporting all engineering builds and verifying scalability of assembly processes
- Commissioning production processes and equipment through the use of factory and site acceptance testing
- Defining a robust process control plan to enable high level of quality
- Submitting, reviewing, and approving any process changes for continuous improvement of ongoing production
- Supporting make/buy/ROI analyses as required; Validating external components suppliers using industry-standard PPAP methodology
- Actively participating in cross-functional (Product Excellence) studies of field/warranty defects, and design of countermeasures to mitigate occurrences
- Analyzing downtime data to identify processes causing downtime, or trends in overall performance
- Planning sufficient capacity to meet business targets for production output
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar; MS preferred. Relevant hands-on experience and a proven record of delivering results will be considered in-lieu of specific formal educational criteria.
- 5-7+ years of hands on working experience with defining assembly processes and relevant fixture and equipment design
- Strong foundation of problem solving skills, statistical process control, design of experiments and simulation techniques
- Understanding of Design for Assembly (DFM), lean manufacturing, and capacity planning techniques
- Exceptional project management and leadership skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally
- Self-starter with a proactive approach to job responsibilities
- Comfortable in leading diverse multi-functional team
- Proficient in basic software (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Minitab, JMP, etc.)
Job type: Full-time
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.