Business Development Manager
Job Title: Business Manager
Location: San Diego, CA. Travel within CA ~30%
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Optimizing business profitability with mid-size accounts
- Closing deals on service-based contracts or on time-based contracts
- Participating in the development of business offers
- Support the company to meet its commercial objectives
- Building close customer relationships and staying in close contact with customer managers to gain trust and develop business needs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), from a technical college or university in Business Administration, Engineering, Communications, Public Relations or similar discipline
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3-10 years of experience in sales, recruiting, or account management
- Experience working in an engineering and/or IT sales/staffing environment
- Experience creating new business opportunities by prospecting new customers within targeted industries
- Experience gathering new business leads and executing cold calls
- Ability to continuously recruit, interview, and match candidates in order to have already qualified talent ready to meet customer’s current and anticipated needs
- Ability to manage a team of engineering consultants and P&L for your business unit
- Organization & coordination skills to help cultivate commercial relationships with your partners
- Great interest in Business Development within the Transportation, Aerospace, Life Science, Defense, ad IT sectors, among others
- Efficient communicator, open to feedback, and proactive
- Self-motivated, able to manage your own priorities
- Comfortable taking initiative and motivated to reach planned & ambitious goals
- Proficient in English, spoken and written
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.