Senior FPGA Hardware Engineer
Job Title: Senior FPGA Hardware Engineer
Who is Syncroness?
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design digital hardware including FPGA development for space-based, high-reliability electronic systems. Assignments include designs which will include SOC architectures utilizing soft-core processors, digital filters, image processing algorithms, and communication interfaces/protocols.
- Design and implement test fixtures including test plans for both chip-level and board level environments and create reusable circuits that can be utilized across multiple projects.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Familiarity with basic lab equipment such as digital oscilloscope, protocol analyzer, signal generator, DMM
- Familiarity with SPICE circuit simulation using LTSpice or PSpice or similar
- Familiarity with Hyperlynx and other digital design tools
- Familiarity with Analog circuit design
- Familiarity with FPGA and MCU implementation/design
- Familiarity with Reliability predictions and design for testability
- Familiarity with parts derating and parts selection
- Familiarity with embedded systems architectures
- Familiarity with TI Hercules MCU
- Familiarity with Microsemi FPGA
- Familiarity with EMC design and testing methods
- Familiarity with Environmental/Aerospace design and testing methods
- Familiarity with electronics thermal design
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or Green Card Holder)
- Aerospace Industry experience
- Previous AirBus experience is a plus.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), from a technical college or university
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.