Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Thermal Analysis
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Thermal Analysis
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What are we looking for?
Syncroness is seeking a Senior Engineer with experience using Thermal Desktop® with SINDA/FLUINT to further grow our analysis team and capabilities. The candidate will perform thermal design and analysis at the component and subsystem/system levels on a variety of projects (electro-mechanical, opto-mechanical, structures, mechanisms, etc.). The ideal candidate is a leader who is excited about contributing to a wide breadth of projects across Syncroness’ portfolio, particularly those in the aerospace industry.
When you join our mechanical engineering team, you’ll be immersed in a collaborative environment working with other engineers to deliver real designs to real companies. Fast-paced development cycles and challenging problems make this a perfect environment for creative and self-driven engineers. Each new project is a chance to learn and do something new – keeping things fresh and constantly growing your skillset. If you love to solve challenging engineering problems and you're willing to roll your sleeves up and figure things out – we're excited to work with you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interpreting and specifying product requirements and specifications
- Specifying materials, processes, and equipment for thermal systems
- Creating thermal/fluid models to analyze the performance of electrical and mechanical assemblies (using Thermal Desktop with SINDA/FLUINT)
- Simplifying CAD geometries for the creation of thermal models (using SolidWorks or Creo)
- Supporting thermal verification testing (particularly thermal vacuum testing), including writing and reviewing test plans
- Correlating thermal test results with thermal analysis models
- Making recommendations for design improvements
- Writing analysis reports
- Mentoring/training/leading other Syncroness employees
- Supporting analysis based sales calls
- Estimating analysis based project work
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This role requires US Citizenship.
- 6+ years’ experience performing design and analysis for spacecraft or aerospace systems using Thermal Desktop® with SINDA/FLUINT
- Good working knowledge of common spacecraft subsystems, environments, thermal control systems (passive and active), materials, and coatings
- Awareness of NASA/NOAA requirements, specifications, and standards
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability and desire to contribute towards design and analysis work beyond thermal-specific tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related engineering discipline
Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.