Software Engineering Manager
Job Title: Software Engineering Manager
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What we are looking for
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will lead, manage, and inspire the software engineering team to provide effective solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations. The ideal candidate may also lead software development projects and contribute technically as needed in a fast-paced cross-functional design environment. This includes working collaboratively with other cross-functional engineering teams. The ideal candidate can provide valuable insight to support marketing and sales activities. The ideal candidate has a drive for excellence and desire to improve continuously by keeping current on new software technologies, design practices, and methodologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead software teams responsible for software development from requirements through commercial launch, participating as an active development team member when needed and ensuring that effective software development methodologies are followed.
- Provides strategic and tactical solutions to complex technical or organizational problems
- Collaborates effectively within a broad cross functional organization
- Develops a team culture that consistently improves the quality and execution of project deliverables
- Develops technical leaders through mentorship, training, and leadership opportunities
- Manages resource allocation across multiple ongoing and upcoming projects
- Participates in project planning
- Actively monitors software development process and drives process improvements
- Participates in the analysis of new software technologies, design practices, and methodologies
- This is a supervisory role
- Bachelor's degree within an Engineering/Computer Science discipline or relevant experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 10+ years of relevant software engineering experience and technical leadership in the design of embedded systems
- 2+ years of experience managing software engineering teams
- 4+ years of experience developing software in a regulated industry
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Masters or higher degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
syncroness headquarters•10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021•303.429.5005•www.syncroness.com
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.