Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What we are looking for
A senior member of our electrical team, that will work in multi-disciplinary project teams to architect and develop systems for a wide variety of markets including consumer products, medical devices, space systems, unmanned aerial vehicles, and industrial controls. You will support the sales team as we bid and quote on incoming work and leverage. You’ll have the opportunity to showcase the many hats that you can wear as you integrate yourself into our project teams, working closely with the systems engineering and project management functions. On these teams you may be responsible for the outcomes of the electrical and electronics function, sometimes including firmware. You may influence our design guidelines as we consistently strive to be better. You may mentor less experienced engineers and work with others to assist them in taking on more responsibility.
Ideally, you’re an individual who has the experience that comes from successfully delivering multiple projects and can speak to the lessons you learned from your failures along the way. You’re comfortable being the point person responsible for getting the job done. You’ve been part of these projects from their inception to their delivery, so you’re keenly aware of the different hurdles at each stage of the process. You’ve worked with a variety of technologies so you can bring your breadth of experience to bear and tailor a right-sized solution to individual project needs. You have outstanding attention to detail, which makes you invaluable when reviewing the work of others. You don’t believe in a one-size fits all approach and you are skilled at adapting to changing circumstances.
Above all, people refer to you as an outstanding team member that they enjoy working with.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Because of the variable nature of our work, this is only an aspirational guide to how you will spend your time and is subject to change depending upon the ongoing status of our business.
- Design Work:
You’ll design hardware architectures, power budgets, electrical block diagrams, schematics, and PCBs. You’ll get your hands dirty and own your designs from start to finish, involving other team members as appropriate to ensure that our designs are successful. You’ll review the work of other engineers on a regular basis.
Occasionally, you’ll work with the more junior staff members, developing their technical skills and helping them advance in their careers. This requires effective delegation, where you allow them to own their work but you stay closely involved to ensure that they are successful.
- Sales Support:
Occasionally, you’ll work with the director, our account managers, and project managers to bid and scope projects with our customers, and may visit customer sites to discuss our capabilities.
Whether it’s training, developing and refining our processes, managing portions of our Quality Management System, or tracking your time, you’ll also have to deal with a lot of the extraneous responsibilities of a staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited technical college or university in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Significant design and layout experience including several of the following:
- Controlled impedance for high-speed serial channel design or RF technologies
- Communications interfaces (I2C, SPI, UART, RS-232, RS-485, USB, SDIO, CAN, MIL-STD-1553, LVDS etc.)
- DC/DC converters and topologies
- Analog and sensor interface design
- RF design experience
- Development of specifications and derived requirements from a customer or end-user inputs
- Experience with test protocols and strategies to accomplish traceable conformance with customer requirements, with an emphasis on automation.
- Experience with programming languages such as C/C++ or Python
- Experience with SVN and Git
- Demonstrable experience successfully working in cross-functional teams
- History of successful delivery of products in regulated environments
- Experience with project proposals and staffing estimations
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum development practices
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and AS9100
- Experience with regulatory and standard requirements such as CE, FCC, UL, MIL-STDs, IEC standards, DO-160, RoHS, WEEE, etc.
- EMI/EMC and Signal Integrity analysis (HyperLynx preferred)
- Experience with Altium Designer or Mentor Graphics Xpedition a plus
- Familiarity with embedded firmware such as:
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) techniques
- Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- VHDL or Verilog for FPGAs
- Design for harsh environments such as space, vacuum or high IP ratings highly desired, including worst-case analysis
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
syncroness headquarters•10875 dover st westminster, colorado 80021•303.429.5005•www.syncroness.com
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.