Software Engineer (Python, Java)
Complex problems. Inspired solutions.
Job Title: Software Engineer (Python, Java)
Who we are
Syncroness provides inspired solutions to highly complex business and technical problems. We focus on accelerating time-to-market and ensuring a profitable outcome for our clients.
By providing a full complement of engineering services aligned to the entire product lifecycle, Syncroness enables companies to accelerate product development and drive more predictability and productivity into their businesses. Working with Syncroness, companies gain the critical insights necessary to develop products that make a difference and create a better world.
We provide proven value and predictable results in demanding and regulated markets by employing our core competencies in:
- Project management
- Product and System Engineering
- Core Engineering disciplines
- Knowledge integration
- NPD and Sustaining Engineering
What we are looking for is a Software Engineer to join the Space team. The mission of the Space Systems Engineering group is to build, test, launch, operate and maintain a constellation of small commercial satellites. The Space Systems group is also responsible for building and operating a segment of ground stations to provide communications with these satellites. The satellite clusters and ground segments provide the platform for RF data collection that is essential to the core business.
We are looking for a candidate with good problem-solving skills, who is creative and has a passion for working with and developing new innovative technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop software for the new ground-station infrastructure with a strong focus on the automated operation of the Satellites.
- Help to design the new ground-station infrastructure to include building and testing client-server applications and building REST APIs.
- Read ICDs provided by our Satellite bus providers and turn that into functioning code capable of issuing commands to the Satellites.
- Develop unit tests, and full-system integration tests for entire ground-station infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain Ansible playbooks used for configuring our remote ground-station nodes, and processing cluster.
- Help maintain and operate the satellites while building out the automated operations systems.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of experience with Python and Java programming.
- Experience with version control such as git
- Experience building mission-critical applications and supporting remote hardware.
- Experience with WSGI frameworks (Flask, Django, Falcon, CherryPy)
- Experience with Ansible, Docker, and Kubernetes is desired
- Experience programming in C/C++ is a plus.
- A curious outlook – a willingness to learn new things and solutions to fit the problem
- Experience in a fast-paced, small company where priorities can change rapidly
- Dedication – sometimes we all need to burn a little midnight oil to get the job done
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and Syncroness may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Syncroness is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.