Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Provide daily preventive maintenance and repairs to buildings and grounds.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on mechanical equipment and electrical fixtures.
- Handle scheduled, emergency and routine maintenance orders.
- At select terminals may perform a variety of cleaning/janitorial duties.
- Inspect and maintains restroom facilities both in shop and office areas.
- Inspect and maintain the regular preventative maintenance on all HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Conduct winter weather building/grounds cleanup as needed which can include de-icing the truck/trailer parking, shop areas, sidewalks and fuel island areas.
- Operate backhoe and plow equipment.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2059
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Prior building maintenance and/or landscape experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required.
- Must be able to work with power tools.
- Must possess basic carpentry, electrical and plumbing skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be able to follow directives.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other employees, outside vendors and/or contractors.
- Must be able to deal with emergency situations calmly and effectively.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Debt Free Colleges or Tuition Assistance Programs
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.