Accelerate your Career!
At Swift, our greatest asset is OUR PEOPLE! We strive to be the best and give our best every day. We are passionate about learning and cultivating an environment of safety, honesty and mutual respect. We are a family where everyone has a voice and plays an essential role in our overall success and the success of our drivers. Your voice and perspective matter at Swift Transportation. We understand that you are the subject matter expert, and we trust you to ideate and execute those ideas based on the best interest of the company.
Be a part of something bigger. Be a part of the #1 full truckload carrier in the nation. Be a part of Swift Transportation.
Job Responsibilities: What you will do
Negotiate freight rates for Swift's Logistics Division (3PL & Brokerage); build and optimize the use of carrier partner relationships, alliance partnerships and other relations and respond to Swift's capacity requirements and network. Provide recommendations on when to adjust rates on lanes based on changes in the market. Consistently deliver on strategic growth initiatives.
- Deliver against growth and profitability targets.
- Analyze the freight market to maximize profit and negotiating power at each transaction.
- Analyze freight carriers and lanes based on but not limited to the following; capacity and utilization, insurance, price, safety, and service.
- Negotiate rates and terms with carrier partners and customers.
- Communicate market changes and carrier opportunities to Leadership and other involved stakeholders.
- Manage entire process starting with the buy from the outside carrier thru the pick-up and delivery for the customer.
- Manage the interface between the customers' transportation personnel and head office.
- Properly integrate customer transportation strategies of those which are considered within the formulation of Swift strategies.
- Maintain focus on Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by leadership, including but not limited to travel when applicable.
Copy and paste URL into browser to view full description: https://swifttrans.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=6722
Qualifications: What you need to bring
- Minimum of two (2) years of previous brokerage-related/transportation experience or two (2) years experience with sales, inside sales call center or customer service experience, required.
- Basic knowledge of transportation and 3PL, required.
- Bachelors' in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must be results oriented.
- Must possess entrepreneurial spirit with proven ability to solicit new customers and meet specific revenue targets.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and purpose, with a bias for action.
- Must be familiar with and knowledgeable of TMS and brokerage systems.
- Must be self-confident and a self-starter without the need of close supervision.
- Must be able to operate in a busy, demanding environment.
- Must be able to understand and enforce company policies.
- Must be knowledgeable of AS400 and MS Office Suite tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with ability to communicate well with others and transfer knowledge.
- Must possess quantitative and qualitative analysis skills with superior problem solving ability.
What we offer:
- Competitive starting salary commensurate with experience.
- Potential bonus pay based on company performance.
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to local communities through Swift Charities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package which includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Supplemental and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.